August 18, 2010

Earth!? Is that you??? Hello?

Yes, we are alive! Life has been a windstorm lately and as a result my blogging has been nonexistent.

I believe my last post was about a month ago =0) Sorry. After that last post things seemed to get pretty "challenging" (that's being nice). Elliott got sick for 8 days with a 103+ fever. We ended going to the doctor 6 times in 2 weeks, a few xrays and some blood work. Awesome. Then Declan got sick with a fever that lasted 2 days.

And then the shit hit the fan. I got sick. It's one thing when your kids are sick, but for the Mama to get sick it's impossible. I got a viral pink eye (awful compared to the regular kind), strep throat and of course the fever virus that Elliott had.

The kids and I packed it up and headed to my mother's because I could not function at all. She had some leg procedures that week so thankfully she was home all week. The kids and I spent the entire week at her house so she could help take care of the kids while I got better. Eventually I did get better, although at the time I never felt like I was.

Elliott got to spend lots of quality time with Mike and Robin and he loved it!! Had so much fun, he didn't even want to leave and go to my mom's house! They are so good to him and we are very thankful to have such close friends that love our kids so much <3

Declan has exploded with his development! He now has 2 bottom teeth (he got the same week Elliott has his fevers)and sits up! I would say 4 nights out of 7 he will sleep through the night now. Which last night was not one of those nights =/ BUT that's ok. We still love him and adore him!


He is such a joy. Despite the fact that he is extremely needy and absolutely has to be held at all times, he makes me really want to have a 3rd. sigh. If money grew on trees I would definitely want another baby very soon! Alas this is not the case so I must suppress my desire (or crazyness, you decide) and just love on the boys that I have.

We are so fortunate to have such wonderful boys. I honestly could not have asked for anything more than what I have received. Elliott is so good with Declan, he just adores him. He gets upset when Declan goes to sleep because he wants to "play" with him. He says things like, "When Declan gets bigger we can play together!" awww Declan also loves his brother because Elliott is the only one that can really make him laugh. All Elliott has to do is look at Declan and he just starts to laugh! It is so adorable! Any time Declan has Elliott in his sight he follows him with his eyes and has a HUGE smile on his face! They are best friends already =0)

No comments: