So I thought I would start off my return to blogging with a blog about myself =0) How self centered of me. Get over it.
The post is titled I Am a Firework because I am. I am an amazing person who can do amazing things. It has been a very long road for me to get to this point of at least some self-esteem, but a worthwhile journey. For those who are not on Facebook, or live under a rock (or both), I ran my first Half Marathon the first weekend in March. I signed up to do the half marathon with the sole intention of losing weight. Yea, fat happens.
But what I didn't realize was how unhappy I was with myself and the fact that I had no self-esteem. Everything I have done in the past few years has been solely for my children, which trust me is worth it. But at the same time, I completely let myself go and took no pride in anything I personally did. Anything worth admiring has been things my children have done. I put my self worth on my kids. Which, is ok to a certain extent, I mean my kid didn't get smart on his own right ;0)
So during my months of training for this half marathon, I finally witnessed MYSELF do something amazing. I overcame 2 knee injuries, a high ankle sprain, running while fat and asthma. Not to mention at least 10 hours a week in the gym or outside running, EVERY WEEK. Declan was so sick in February and despite the fact that I was bone tired, I went to the gym. I ran. I ran for myself and no one else. The half marathon turned into something so much more than just a way to lose weight, it was a way to prove to myself that I am in fact amazing.
Now perhaps you reading this now already know that about yourself. Congrats, want a cookie? Kidding. Maybe. Well, I don't have my own personal cheering squad so it took me running 13.1 miles to realize it. And let me tell you, I'm not stopping here. I can do anything I set my mind to, wither it's something simple as a healthy dinner for my family or running the Houston Marathon next January.
So like I said before, I am a firework. And yes, you may be in awe.
2 comments:
Way to go! That took amazing stregnth and determination and you should be proud of yourself!
You were a big inspiration to me during this whole thing. I love you!
Post a Comment