It was such a crazy week when we first came back from Ireland. We had to unpack and get all situated (and all jet lagged out) to get ready for Nicole's wedding! The rehearsal was a few days I had found out about the skin cancer on my back so I felt really unprepared and still kinda down but we had lots of fun! It was great to see everyone, especially the bride, before the wedding! That night was also the bachelor party for the guys so Mama and Elliott hung out with Aunt Robin and Uncle Mike while daddy played at the Main Event.
I did have to go pick him up late that night because he still had work in the morning and of course I had to drive home! Talk about exhausted! It was 6am for me Ireland time =)
Got settled in for Friday and hung out with Hollis, Vive, and Davis to relax a bit. We had pizza indoors (I'm terrified of the sun now) and enjoyed our indoor picnic. =) Really made the day start off right (I mean, kids not bothering you and pizza for breakfast! how awesome is that?!?!). We had to head back so Elliott could sleep and Mama get herself pretty!
The wedding was great!!! I had SOOOOO much fun. A few margaritas and we were a dancing!! haha Elliott was still very clingy to his daddy since we had only been back for a few days, so I sorted myself out with a few drinks =)

Kevin was very adamant about driving all the way back home for some ungodly reason *rolls eyes* as we were meant to crash at Mike's place just 5 minutes away!! Whatever.
The rest of this week has been pretty tame. I am totally engulfed in the Outlander books. There are 7 books total and I think number 8 is published in September.
Amazon.com Review
In Outlander, a 600-page time-travel romance, strong-willed and sensual Claire Randall leads a double life with a husband in one century, and a lover in another. Torn between fidelity and desire, she struggles to understand the pure intent of her heart. But don't let the number of pages and the Scottish dialect scare you. It's one of the fastest reads you'll have in your library.
While on her second honeymoon in the British Isles, Claire touches a boulder that hurls her back in time to the forbidden Castle Leoch with the MacKenzie clan. Not understanding the forces that brought her there, she becomes ensnared in life-threatening situations with a Scots warrior named James Fraser. But it isn't all spies and drudgery that she must endure. For amid her new surroundings and the terrors she faces, she is lured into love and passion like she's never known before.
I was lame and sore in every muscle when I woke next morning. I shuffled to the privy closet, then to the wash basin. My innards felt like churned butter. It felt as though I had been beaten with a blunt object, I reflected, then thought that that was very near the truth. The blunt object in question was visible as I came back to bed, looking now relatively harmless. Its possessor [Jamie] woke as I sat next to him, and examined me with something that looked very much like male smugness."
Gabaldon creates characters that you'll remember, laugh with, cry with, and cheer for long after you've finished the book. --Candy Paape
I am in love with these characters! I am on the third book, Voyager and I seriously had to put it down to welcome myself back to the real world. These characters are so life like... the books just draw you in and it never stops! I am going to give myself a few days before picking Voyager back up because I know once I do... it will never go back down again! And yes... these books are very very long but are so worth all 1000 pages!! <3
*back to the real world again* I am sitting by the phone working... haven't had a call in about 20 mins! Which is great =) Elliott is napping so I am trying to get in as much time as I can. Kevin and I are taking him to see his first movie ever!! Up which comes out today!
Kevin and I also celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary yesterday! I can't believe it has been 4 years. So much has changed and grown since that day! Who knew I loved this man so much that I would marry him twice ;)
It's a good feeling knowing where we were in life then and where we have come to now. I don't know where I would be without him, thanks love for putting up with me for 4 years... =) just got a life time of it left =P
No comments:
Post a Comment