Hello there world! Yes, I am a slacker blogger, deal with it. The McGlone's have been busy bees since my return to civilization! My poison ivy has all but healed and might I add it has been the most unpleasant rashes I have ever had. Now, I have had poison ivy before BUT I had not sat in it! Thankfully all wounds are healing and I can function around the house again!
Which means I have been in a super spring cleaning mode (although the house does not all together reflect that). And with Kevin not teaching in the summer (and me just losing my job with Citi (west has yet to reassign me, could take months)) I have been hard pressed to find more economical ways to save money. And so homemade cleaning supplies has come about!
Last night I actually made some powder homemade laundry soap (and the stuff really works and smells great!). There are only 3 ingredients to make it. The average cost per load is about $0.04 I believe!
http://natural-products.suite101.com/article.cfm/homemade_laundry_detergent
So we are going full swing with this stuff. I had also read online that stay at home mom's are 54% more likely to suffer from cancer[s] because of all the harsh chemicals that we use to clean on a daily basis. At least with working moms and dads they get out of the house and are not sitting in a toxic waste land. So we are also going to use up all the cleaning supplies we have at home and make them from scratch! Mostly a vinegar and water based cleaner (and of course some orange or lemon oils for scent) and I am already finding so many other uses for vinegar! Like as a "jet dry" in your dishwasher =) On that same website there is a recipe for homemade dish washing soap! Costs pennies to make and lasts quite a long time.
Every penny counts!
Well, I could go on and on about my new found love of frugality but dinner needs to be made (again cooking from home saves money!) so ta-ta!
No comments:
Post a Comment