So it's still blooming hot outside! Our backyard is now a field of hay. The front yard is still surviving with my adamant watering! There are still a few things I would like to do to the yard (like a few more trees) but it's just simply too hot. It has not rained in College Station since May 24th, so any rain sent our way would be greatly appreciated!!
Next week Elliott is going to have his 18 month appointment!!!!!! WOW. A year and a half. Amazing. He officially turns 18 months this Saturday. I can't wait to see his stats. We are going to his new pediatricians office (refer to previous posts about the whole doctor thing). He is still having diarrhea. And ANYONE that says 6 weeks of watery shits is normal needs to have his license revoked. We have gone from 15 dirty diapers a day to only about 8 (HA- only to you because you aren't the ones changing him a gazillion times a day).
Elliott's growth is astonishing! He is so 'grown up' now. Like he knows when I say 'bib' to go and get one for me. And he likes to throw things away for us! Such as a diaper I had just changed for him =0) Yesterday we ate lunch with a spoon all on our own! He refuses to let me spoon feed him, it all has to be him now! He has also discovered the love of play-dough! There are more sutle changes in his behavior, like the helps put his shorts on by holding his feet out for me. Or he pushes his foot into a shoe to help me get it on him. He also LOVES putting on our shoes and walking around the house with them! haha He just doesn't understand why they don't stay on =)
He knows where his head, eyes, ears, nose and mouth are! Which, we never taught him that so I am assuming that he is a genius! He can also point out animals we ask about and even knows a dog says 'woof'!! He still does not watch any tv, but if I put on a Thomas the Tank Engine DVD he SCREAMS like a little girl!!! So cute. His attention span for that DVD is only about 3 minutes. haha Other than that, he has no interest (not saying this is a bad thing!).
Today we did go to the movies to see Horton Hears a Who. We have these passes to the Summer Movie Club House. Which are 10 movies for $5 all summer! So we have been going. There are only 3 movies left, Space Chimps, Veggie Tales and The Spiderwick Chronicles. Hopefully we can make the rest!
We have been going swimming in the evenings lately. During the day is just too hot for Elliott and he really needs to release energy. Boy does he love water or what. I will attempt to get a video posted soon because he is so funny! He runs up to the edge and just jumps into the water. Which is why we have to be so vigilant watching him! We keep a life vest on him but he is quick. He also realized that kicking your feet gets you to move (and almost outta mommy's arms!). He likes floaties but he gets frustrated with them because he's not totally in the water (wonder who he gets this from???????????????????). Again we get the screaming like a girl Elliott when it comes to swimming =)
In other news, Elliott is fully registered to start a part day program at our church in August! Deposit paid and papers filled out! I am so excited for him. He is a really active child and very sociable. He is going to love being with other kids his age for a few hours twice a week! The house just isn't big enough for all his energy. It will also be sad because it goes to show how much Elliott has grown up and to let him go and do something on his own is frightening to me. I mean, I wont be there to always make sure he eats all his food and doesn't get pushed around (or does the pushing)!! But he needs the exposure and Mama could use the break. I still don't have a job lined up yet but the intentions were that I was going to work while he was at "school" so pray that something comes my way.
I have started back on Weight Watchers! It's almost like oh no not that again... but it's either that or balloon into a whale. So a friend and I (not gonna mention names just in case she doesn't want the entire blog world to know she's dieting) have been motivating each other and hopefully see some results! I think my weight has aggravated my fertility issues so anything I can do to resolve that helps. The joys of having PCOS.
Well, I gotta go eat something before Elliott wakes up! Take care everyone and stay cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment