Seems like this month has flown by!
We had Elliott's 18 month appointment Tuesday!! Here are his stats:
weight: 26lbs
length: 32.5inches
head: 50.3 cm
What a growing boy! The doctor has also confirmed what I thought... their metabolism slows waaaaay down at this age, which means much less eating. The doc said it's normal if Elliott only eats 1 good meal a day! And man is my son living up those words. Today for breakfast he had half a banana and 4 bites of oatmeal. And said he had enough and REFUSED to eat any more! No kidding. There have been many nights this week where Elliott refuses a dinner at all.
So very stressful! But at least the doctor said these things were all very normal. He also said that Elliott is only going to gain about 4-5lbs a year from now until he is 4! Hopefully this means his clothes are going to fit him longer? haha
As for developmental milestones I have a hard time remembering what I've already mentioned. hmmmm think Amelia think....
He loves to blow kisses and give kisses, even makes a smooching sound while doing it... mmmwwwah! OH his biggest new things I guess is BABY. He points at every picture of himself and says Baby! So precious. He can also point out Mommy and Daddy in pictures too! Aside from terrorizing our house on a daily basis, I don't think there's much else to report from him.
We still are surviving without cable TV!! I really haven't noticed it being gone between Netflix, Hulu and BitTorrenting everything =) I think we just spend more time together as a family, instead of vegging out in front of the TV. This was a much needed change for us!! And I do not crave anymore of that trashy stuff (yea like I Love New York, I mean com'on Amelia!!!).
Oh the McGlones and Reitmayers are going to be going on a family vacation in August!! Spending about 4 or 5 days in Galveston at a beach house (gratis!). We are almost sure of the date but I don't wanna set plans just in case the owner tells us someone else is gonna be there. It's my parents neighbor in Houston, John, that owns the house. He is checking with his son to make sure no one else is going down that week! And if not, it's all ours!
It's a much needed vacation for Kevin and I with so much recent stress! My dad has been having multiple strokes and they have only recently caught it. So freaking scary. As well as a few other family issues but for now they are still too raw to deal with. I'll just kinda sit in denial for a few weeks =0) Maybe then I'll be able to blog about it. Just try to keep our family in your thoughts and I know we will find the strength to get through it.
On that sad and vague note.... I'm gonna head out to get ready to eat lunch with Kevin. He's doing some sorta Disney Conference at A&M, so the bugger gets out of 'work' for 2 days!
No comments:
Post a Comment