June 30, 2010

Ahoy!

We are still here! LOL Things have been all over the place and so has been my brain! A few things to mention-
Declan weighs 12lbs 14oz and is 24in long
Elliott weighs 31lbs and is 36 in tall

Declan is now 3 months old and is working on sleeping through the night. We had a good run the other night, but last night was brutal. He was up for an hour and a half, fell asleep and then woke up 45 mins to eat. Hopefully he catches on soon and we can get back to being normal! He does roll over now all the time, so I have to watch him much more carefully. He's doing this an entire month sooner than Elliott did!

I managed to read the entire Twilight Saga last week (really quick easy reads) and watched both movies with the Hub. Tomorrow I am going with Jenni to see Eclipse!!! YAY The series was really easy to get into and the story line was awesome. I really like how everything ended in a nice neat little package!

Our water heater went out this weekend so my Daddy-o came up to save the day and replace our old one. It took them all day! Mike and Robin also came for an impromptu visit, which was really fun!!! My mom made sure everyone was stuffed and properly fed before she left! haha
Declan loved Robin and she had him laughing for a long time!! My cheeks even hurt from laughing at them... here's a video I took (Mike wasn't too stoked about it):



Not much else exciting going on... just the usual. Swimming, watermelons and some power wheel action. Our days pretty much run the same. On a side note, we have the worst luck with swimming pools. This is the second one of the summer and it came defective.... the top ring keeps leaking air. I'm not buying a new one, just going to exchange it because it was already leaking when we bought it! Not our fault this time!! LOL


I don't think there is anything that Elliott can't say. His language has exploded and it seems that everyone is surprised to hear that he is only 2 1/2. He really does speak at a much older level. haha It's because I have no one else to talk to all day, so he gets lots of practice ;-)

I also interviewed for a job a few weeks back, and I did get an offer for it. It's just not going to work out though with the hours they need me to work and the day care. They have no room in the part day program during the summer for Declan, so I had to decline it. It was only a part time position at the George Bush School of Government and Public Service. Perhaps when Declan is older. I'm still looking for some part time jobs, just in the evenings. A little something to make some extra cash.

Well.... that's as long as I've got energy for. I'm gonna go lay down and be comatose until some child needs me lol (which shouldn't be long anyways)

No comments: