November 05, 2008

Post Election Day

I wasn't going to Blog about this but I am so outraged that I have to get it out.

If anyone was truly surprised by last nights results they have obviously not been keeping up with the news. Obama was always in the lead.

I am proud of my state that we did not vote overwhelmingly republican and I completely respect other people's opinions.

We all want the same goal, a safer country, more stable for ourselves and our children, etc. We just believe different people can go about that.

What I can't stand is the ignorance and intolerance of so many people. If you honestly believe Obama is the anti-Christ or that he is a socialist, please go out and get educated. Please. Such hateful words are going around ~ although I am guilty of calling McCain an 'old man.' But to be honest he is but not the anti-Christ. PEOPLE!! Are we regressing?

Ignorant, racist comments I will not stand for. I am so sick of reading facebook status updates about how the world is going to end because Obama is President. If we survived Bush... I think we will fare just fine.

Please don't take this as a bash against those who voted for McCain... everyone has the right to vote and I hope you did. I just can't stand to see people act so ignorant. And to be totally 'shocked' that Obama won... seriously people? McCain has never been ahead, there's no reason for these rampages. Be respectful. They were both worthy candidates and during these hard times we can only hope that one of them can help pull us out of this mess. This is a time where we need to pull together, not push apart. Do you really not see the crisis thats going on??? Our country is falling apart at the seams... and such a mind set will never make things right.


At least give him a chance, if in 4 years he proves to fail and be a socialist and the anit-Christ or whatever else you believe... go ahead vote for someone else.

That's the beauty of a democracy.... last I checked at least.

No comments: