November 07, 2008

Quack Quack

Said the duck... Elliott's first "real" word was duck. While I have been known to believe Elliott has been talking to me for months now... this is his first word word.
He's been saying dada for 2 months now... said hi to me the other day... and now duck.

yes you read right, no mama. sigh.

Elliott has also got ANOTHER tooth!! Bottom right this time!! The little one sprouts them like no tomorrow. Which this explains why he hasn't been eating his bottle all the way for the past few days.

I am still working on getting the new landscaping pictures up. Blogger does not seem to like these photos and errors out each time I try to load them up. One of these days.

Elliott does not seem to care about walking at all. haha go figure. He's just like his mama... gonna do what he wants, when he wants. Kevin was adamant that Elliott could walk while holding his hand... as soon as Kevin grabbed his hand, plop goes Elliott to sit. Kevin proceeded to walk while Elliott proceeded to sit. Times like these I live for haha

36 days until Christmas in Ireland!! Yes. 3 weeks is going to be amazing. Kevin and I are both soooo burned out. We love our son, but we don't get much help regularly so a 3 week break will be nice. We have only had 4 weekends for each other... and I believe that last time we had an "alone" weekend was August. =/
Again, 5 weeks until 3 weeks of nonstop help. Amazing. Keeps me going on the rough days.

Holly's wedding is next weekend!! Yes! I have my dress all altered and ready to go. It fits so well, which is why I have been working out so much. Busting my butt =)
I will definitely have pictures up as this is 7 years in the making!!

I believe its official that we are going to be spending Thanksgiving with my grandmother in Connecticut. I don't wanna say for sure because the tickets are still in the works, but I will post something as soon as I know. It will be a good trial run for Elliott (and for me!). The trip to Ireland is going to be a long one and I want to be prepared with enough stuff for Elliott (and maybe some homemade cookies for others sitting around me as a preemptive, I'm sorry haha).

Life is pretty much the same... Kevin had to quit the second masters though. It was just too much for him. I need him desperately around the house and the baby. With both jobs and the masters we never saw each other, and never slept. It was more of a strain on our family than it would help for now. It's a sacrifice he made in order to help me because I started to lose my mind. That's why I love him, he knows me better than I know myself. He will pick it back up and is going to finish just one of the classes, but for now its on hold. The masters will always be there, but my sanity won't. He already has one that got him the job teaching at Blinn so we should be fine for awhile.

Well... I need to feed my men but I thought I would update with Elliott's first "real" word!! So exciting. And he associated it with the rubber ducky!! Awwww my little boy is turning into a toddler =0)

No comments: