Well, Elliott and I have been really busy this week! Whew! Does not even feel like a Friday.
Let me back track though.... I didn't blog about Spring Break yet... haha Kevin got to stay home (and get paid! YaY) and I got to work (boo!). But Friday we both got to go down to Brenham with our neighbors to the Blue Bell Creamery! Which was so fun... and man was there a ton of people or what! I'd say about a 1000 or so. Then we all got out on the side of the road (haha stupid tourists) and took pictures of Elliott in the Blue Bonnets! They came out so well and Elliott was a great sport this year. Afterwards we stopped by the Brenham Airport and ate at the little cafe and watched planes land! Although it was a Friday and we weren't eating meat the food sure was good!!
That weekend my dad came up and helped us (not really, he actually DID it all haha) install a fan into our kitchen. It gets really really hot in there during the summer and no amount of AC could help me feel cool. So, thanks to my dad our kitchen now has a cute little fan in it (and no more florescent lighting!).
This past Monday Elliott and I headed up to Huntsville to go see Aunt Robin. Man, was this like Christmas or what?!?! Her dad made Elliott a little stool with his name engraved in it and all! Adorable! Then Mike's sister had sent up some clothes that don't fit Grant... and when I say some clothes.... I mean and entire wardrobe! haha Thank you so much Aimee and Grant!! I am sure almost all our summer pictures are going to include these =)
Tuesday and Wednesday went on without a hitch... the cable was giving us some issues but Kevin managed to fix them without poor Justin coming over yet again. Wednesday night, while a Tornado was hitting Huntsville State Park, Elliott and I were driving down to Houston to hang out with his Nana. My mom took the day off from work and we were going to hang out and shop! YaY
Well, the day started out a little rough.... see remember how these really awful things seem to happen to me and Elliott??? WELL... this is not as bad as the back door locking incident... but its up there.
Elliott got locked in the car! Before you judge me my car locks on its own after 30 seconds, regardless if car is on or off... door open or closed. So as I was reaching for my diaper bag right in front of the car, my propped door shut on me during a huge gust of wind.
So long story short... Elliott is ok, and AAA is amazing because they had someone out there within 10 minutes to unlock the car. The day ended up being kinda fun and Elliott was WIPED out! Nothing like a good days work of shopping to tire the wee one! haha
Our luck doesn't end there. The rain has been on and off all day. Sunshine to darkness in a matter of minutes. Another long story short... AAA is great and gave me a jump start because I forgot to turn my headlights off while at Walmart =)
At least we get our money's worth with AAA!! Always nice and send good people to help me out (which seems to be quite often these days haha).
Between that and the weather I am pretty worn out and would love nothing more than a relaxing weekend with the hubby and baby... but I'm working all weekend... so I'll let everyone know when I get to see Kevin again HAHA We (shall I say 'I') am getting ready for our neighborhood garage sale next weekend! Everyone should come out (and buy my stuff!!). Hopefully we will get enough to help pay for a new kitchen table. Cross your fingers we get most of this stuff sold! Whatever we don't sell is going straight over to be donated. If I am willing to sell it at this point then we don't need it around.
Elliott is more and more "toddler like" every day! He likes to bring us his shoes and ask us to put them on! My favorite has been him pulling out his comforter from between the bars of his crib and bringing it into the play room. Where I am laying on the ground all snuggled in my blanket and he lays next to him snuggling his! YaY for lazy mornings!
Take care everyone... gotta answer these calls for work and hopefully Elliott and I will not have such an adventurous week coming up!
No comments:
Post a Comment