March 05, 2009

We don't have a lawn mower

In the family... Elliott generally has liked things that make lots of noise... such as the vaccum or our swiffer vac... BUT today we were hanging out outside, and I decided that it was time to give our yard a trim... it has almost been the entire winter since the last time we cut her down. Not to mention the pest control guy is coming out tomorrow to take care of any little critters attempting to escape the heat!

So as soon as I turned it on Elliott strated screaming and crying, a very scared reaction. I have NEVER seen Elliott get scared about anything (except when I forgot how old he really was and run up behind him to scare him haha he cried for an hour). So I got most of the yard done because Elliott seemed to be fine, FROM A DISTANCE. haha
As soon as I started to cut the grass near the house I realized that Elliott was not standing there laughing at mommy, but crying! =(

I felt terrible, but I really wanted to get hte yard done, so I picked him up and off we went! So Elliott had his first expierence cutting the grass while sitting on my hip! We looked halarious! We spent the rest of the day inside, away from the heat... eating and taking his bath. I dont take it Elliott will be willing to help out with the yard for quite some time =-X lol

Well, I am working and watching American Idol (WiLdCaRd) and I can only divide my attention so many ways!

No comments: