March 15, 2009
Love/Hate
Is the perfect way to describe our relationship with our house. Love living in it, hate maintaining it. This weekend we spent most the day repainting our bedroom ceiling and then removing the wallpapering in the kitchen/dining. What a difference a new coat of paint makes!! While my husband TRIES, he is not a painter! So most of the work was left up to me (or going over what Kevin had already done haha). I love the result of painting and redoing some things, the work is exhausting. I am just doing a little at a time to the bedroom until reinforcements come in! I can't wait to have a new color in now that I actually know what I want it to look like!!
Elliott has been in a really foul mood this week because he has been teething! He got 4 molars this week (yes, all in 1 week). 2 on top and 2 on bottom and boy was he PISSED. haha He has hardly eaten any meal all week. I am hoping the loads of milk he has had all week keep him healthy (and juice so the milk doesn't constipate him). Hopefully these few teeth are the worse because I honestly can't imagine it getting any worse than this!
Elliott also helped Mama paint this weekend! He took one of the extra rollers on the ground and started rolling it all over everything. haha So cute! Hopefully he will be a great painter and help me out in the future!
Tracy and Rachel also babysat Elliott Saturday night, so Kevin and I had a great date night. It's great being able to hang out with the hubby for a few hours without Elliott pulling on our jeans saying "Wus Dat??" Even though our entire conversation is dominated by our little adventurer and his latest doings.
What an adorable age Elliott is at!! I do miss the days when he was just a baby, but watching Elliott explore his world has a more satisfying effect to it. I guess it's because we can actually see what we teach Elliott come to life when he does something. It's hard to explain and I am sure everyone is like 'ok so what is it that he does?' Little things that I notice every day... like when a ball rolls under the sofa and he gets on his hands and knees to look for it, or plays hide and seek with Kevin and runs to him when he finds Kev... Or how you can tell Elliott let's go to the kitchen and he understands. These are the very things that make me so happy and yet so incredibly simple. Again, I wish I could pause time and really savor these moments because I know they will be gone too soon.
In other exciting news... it's Spring Break!! Which means nothing for me, but Kevin gets off work (and PAID)! Hopefully this means I can get the coat of primer on the walls before this weekend!
Well, I am awaiting the new episode of Big Love to be posted to BT junkie so I can download it and watch it tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment