I will ever only have a son. We will either always have 2 sons or a son and a daughter. Tomorrow is the "Big Scan" AKA Fetal Anatomy Scan and we are not leaving that office until we find out the sex of our baby! We will be delighted of course with either, the only reason as to why we are so anxious to find out is so we can start making decisions about rooms, clothing, and everything else in life (I can't decide on anything because for some reason I think the sex of our baby is a factor for everything). haha
And we also get another glimpse into who this baby is. IT will not longer be an IT but rather he/she him/her. And IT wont just be a thing growing inside me, but finally have an identity, A NAME! I have often said that during my pregnancy with Elliott that I didn't really bond with him until we knew for certain it was a boy. It was like I could identify who he was and what he could be. And I feel the same way about this baby. It's like we are finally past all the dangerous parts of pregnancy (not really but the risk of miscarriage is almost nil right now) and I feel like I can let out all the flood gates and become fully one with this baby. hmm maybe other mothers feel this way as well? Let me know! Hopefully this sounds reasonably rational to non parents as well (both male and female).
Sigh.
So as today comes to an end... and all the crazyness has died down and I am sitting in front of the computer waiting for a call to come in (I love nights, its always slow) I just can't wait to day dream about our second child. How awesome it is going to be to have a little baby again, and of course that Elliott is there this time to share that with us. Of course, I do not live in a dream land and I remember how difficult newborns can be (especially premature colicky ones! YIKES). But I just have this knowledge about me now that I know I can do it. I have done it before and I think we did pretty well. There are always things that can be done differently, but overall I love how Kevin and I parent! And I am just happy to bring a baby into our family <3
Ok enough with getting emotional, if I get a call I'm sure the customer would be a little freaked out! haha Well, good night world... and signing off...
The McGlones
Kevin, Amelia, and Elliott (for the last time...)
No comments:
Post a Comment