November 20, 2009

Declan James <3

We are having another BOY! He was not shy about showing us at all! As soon as she put the ultrasound on we saw 'the goods.' haha The pictures she took were not that great honestly so we didn't scan them in online. We did get a DVD of the ultrasound but I am still working on getting it on YouTube. It seems to be erroring out a lot.


Of course I was hoping for a girl, but in the end I am so extremely happy that Elliott will have a brother! Having a sibling of the same gender is not something I ever got to experience and I had always said that I would love for Elliott to have that! haha This just means that there could be a possibility of baby #3 (and meaning 3 boys as well! ah). But I think we will wait to have more kids until Elliott starts school. Of course God willing that there are no complications with this pregnancy that prevent more or that my fertility issues decide that it's a dead end for me. Only time will tell and like I have learned so many times before, it's not my decision to make.

I feel like I have been given 2 boys for a reason and perhaps there is something greater out there for them to achieve than I can even imagine. I just hope these brothers will be fond of each other and be each other's best friends. While we pretty much have everything for the baby, there are still a few bits that I would like to get anyways just to make sure that Declan knows that he is unique. That he is not just an off shoot of Elliott.

I think we may change the bedding set for example and get a new outfit to bring him home from the hospital in. The Baptism outfit will be the same as Elliott's because it was adorable to begin with! We are also getting a new swing, but that is because I sold the other one on a garage sale because I was not that fond of it! lol We already have a double stroller from an awesome neighbor who is giving it to us for FREE! Thanks Hollis! Now if someone has a bunk bed we could just have.... lol I want the boys to share a room, even if we only ever have just them. I'd like the other room to be theirs, just toys, games, and whatever else they want. If perchance there is another baby they would naturally move their toys into their rooms and baby gets the other room. They would never really have to adjusted to living together. Of course, we would keep them in separate rooms until Declan is old enough to sleep on the bottom bunk and Elliott would move up to the top one!

Com'on April! I feel there is so much to do for the baby and I am only half way there! Guess that is the Type A in me! Gotta prepare and have a POA! I just like to be organized =)

In other news... Amanda and I are hitting the sales come Friday morning! dum dum dum!
But there is a sewing machine I wanna get my hands on, a GPS for $50, and some mega blocks that are VERY cheap! We are mapping out the high target areas first and then hitting the clothing stores and stuff a bit after! Exciting times are ahead! Well, Elliott is sleeping so I am going to grab this chance and lay my head down as well. I get exhausted at the drop of a hat, especially while potty training!

Ok, update on that really quick. Elliott is doing great!! Some days he will poop and pee in the toilet with no accidents! WOO HOOOO Granted most days he still has an accident but we are only on week 2 of really potty training. We have progressed from totally naked all day to wearing underwear only to underwear and a shirt (if you don't think that makes a difference you don't have a toddler) to wearing underwear, shirt and PANTS! He does great when wearing pants. It's like he knows he is not meant to pee in them!

I took him our for a few hours in his underwear and pants (Bed Bath and Beyond, the docs, and the post office) and he had no accidents and went straight to the potty when we got home! LOVE. So while he is doing remarkable I am still not holding any expectations (and it seems when I don't, he does even better at it). So I would claim that is he partially potty trained and with some more practice he will be fully trained by (CROSS YOUR FINGERS) Christmas! If not then we will shoot for his 2nd birthday! As long as he is enjoying this and very active in wanting to potty train we will continue to do so!

Ok, now I will really go to bed!

No comments: