December 02, 2009

Happy Cold Front!

YaY! It is FINALLY actually cold in Texas! woo hoo. Just makes me love the holidays even MORE! (was that possible?!!?)

We had a great Turkey Day, my parents came up to visit us and so this was the first time I had actually hosted Thanksgiving! The food came out great (at least that is what everyone told me!). That night Amanda and I planned our attack on the shopping to be done on Black Friday!

We had a very successful shopping spree that started at 5am =0) Kevin had even made a trip to Toys R Us at midnight to get a Cottage for Elliott (for extremely cheap, and it was worth the 2 hour wait to pay for it! LOVE YOU!). Kevin wants to build the cottage for Elliott now, but I am insisting that this stay a Christmas present. Kevin and I are really horrible about keeping presents wrapped up until the big day, even with each other. I don't think we have ever gone to Christmas without already have opened the package sometime beforehand =0)

I also got myself an amazing sewing machine at Walmart for only $50 (20 stitch function, Brothers (same as on Project Runway) and it can even embroider (like I know how to do that anyways, but it does it!)). I have already finished up a few things I had sitting around since my other craptastic machine broke in October! It sews like a dream! Again this was a Christmas present for myself in which I gave myself the day it was bought =0) BUT I needed it to finish up some projects! =P And I also obtained a SNUGGIE!! YES! I love it and I am so excited to finally have gotten one (and so cheap too!).

Since my computer has gone to crap last week, it was sent off to Best Buy to get fixed (ha, I will see it next year) I have been using my Dad's to work. And I am so thankful because we are earning some serious cash right now. We are getting paid an extra $2 per hour plus a dollar for each sale we make. I have been earning up to $20 an HOUR this entire week!!!! How amazing is that! And the sales are nonstop coming in, so I plan on getting in on these big bucks. This is great because we have already completed our Christmas shopping for the year, so whatever I make will go to savings or paying bills off! Sometimes things just really work out during the Holidays <3

In Elliott news... he has learned all his colors (ranging from Black to Pink and all the in between!). I am calling genius now =) He is pretty much potty trained. We do have to remind him to go and not hold it all the time and we are still working on pottying with distractions (like friends over, or while at the store). He has successfully gone in a restaurant and inside Walmart! Way to go!! Today though he did pee himself at the restaurant during lunch, but he was extremely excited to see Weechal and AC so the distraction won over this time! I am really hoping that by the New Year we can start sending Elliott to school in just regular underwear instead of pull ups. We don't usually do pull ups at home, just underwear but again I have a never ending supply of clothes to change him into *just in case.*

My baby bump has stayed the same. I even lost more weight this week. Is anyone else getting as concerned as I am? I am 21 weeks and some days and still dropping weight. I mean, I wasn't THAT heavy to begin with. My bump is still very small compared to other women around the same time as me and it's almost like it's getting smaller. When I saw the doc in November she said my uterus was the right size so I was ok. But she hasn't seen me in a month, so i wonder what she is going to think the next time I see her. I am going in next Tuesday for a check up so I will make sure to keep others posted. I may even post a picture of my bump to compare it from even week 15 and it's just small. hmm so strange. I guess I just remember being so huge with Elliott that I kinda forgot that there is also a small bump phase? I dunno. Other Mommy input is greatly appreciated =)
Well, I am going to attempt to log in some MONEY for work while Elliott is napping!!! He can be so iffy sometimes with his naps that I have to be careful working with him sleeping. At any given moment he can be up! Take care and stay warm!!

No comments: