So Declan hit a growth spurt at 2 weeks and I swear he has not stopped since. He now weights 8.4lbs! I think by this Thursday, when he turns a month old he will have gained 2lbs!!! This also poses the problem of my milk supply. Yesterday was the first time Declan had more formula than breast milk =( He is growing like crazy and it does not seem like my supply is increasing, on the contrary, it is going down.
I am more than thrilled that we have been able to nurse for so long and I knew there would come a point where his need would exponentially outgrow my supply, I just wish it wasn't now. All this consumption also means he is sleeping less and eating more, day and night! We were getting much more sleep the first 2 weeks then we are now. He wakes up every 2 hours on the hour. By the time he is done eating and me pumping, I get an hour sleep before he is awake again.
The exhaustion is really starting to grind me down but so far I have managed to stay functional (Kevin may disagree ;-) ).
This week we also bought a minivan! There were 2 factors that really pushed us to do so. Kevin's car that he drove was mine from high school, a 1996 Nissan Maxima that was on the verge of death at anytime and the car seats did not fit in our SUV correctly. In order for Declan's to sit straight we had to roll a towel under one side of it. The carseat fits fine in the middle, but with Elliott's car seat, both boys had to be next to the windows and the way the seats are structured, out infant carseat was not stable. This was actually more of a factor then Kevin's car being old. We got the car for $7400 (walk out price, with all TT&L). It's a 2003 Doge Caravan, with only 38,400 miles on it!! Talk about a steal. Now we feel comfortable driving around with both kids in the car and not worrying about the carseats! And not to mention we already sold the Maxima for $900 which will go towards paying off the minivan and a bonus, Kevin gets the SUV now!! Which means working AC for the summer =0)
We would also not have had enough room for Kevin's sisters when they came over. haha With our 2 carseats taking up the entire back of the SUV, no one else could sit with us so we would have had to take 2 cars everywhere! So, it was a purchase we needed and it turned out to be an amazing deal. The van is practically brand new. On average it was driven less than 5000 miles a year. LOL
Ok, Declan needs to eat (AGAIN!) and Elliott is getting tired of sitting in my lap. I would post pics and such but no time! Story of my life!
Edit:
So here I am, just a few minute before 1pm. Just got Elliott down for a nap and I remembered that I forgot to blog about my marathon!! This is a huge commitment for me and I wanted to make sure I shared it with everyone. I will be running in the Rock and Roll Half Marathon in San Antonio on November 15th! I'm joining Amanda and her coworker Lisa for training!! I think this is the perfect way to get myself back into shape after having Declan (even though I have lost all that weight and now weigh 18lbs less that I did when I got pregnant, w00t!). As soon as I pass my 6 week postpartum I will be at the gym. We also plan on doing "long runs" probably Sunday mornings. This also means a recommitment to Weight Watchers! I'm not even going to try to count points right now, as anything I eat is for survival. Once Declan starts sleeping (fingers crossed) "through the night", as in at least 6 hours straight, then I think I will have enough mental capacity to care about what I stuff my face with. For now, it's just water and whatever food finds its way into my hands =0)
So wish me luck! 13.5 miles of running through downtown San Antonio is going to be awesome! I can't wait for Elliott to see his Mom doing something like this. I want to inspire my kids to be healthy, and I can only do that by being healthy myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment