Well, it's that time of year when every native Texan gets their "childhood bluebonnet pictures taken!" Here are 2 videos of our photo session with Elliott last night. I went with our neighbor Amanda and her daughter Lauren! It was my first time away from Declan for a little while (kinda hard to do when you are nursing every 2 hours!).
As for an update on Declan, he is doing great! He's been eating more frequently during the day these past 2 days or so. Meaning every hour to every 2 hours! During the night he will let us go for a few hours (sometimes) but each nursing session is taking longer and longer. This also means we have supplemented more yesterday and today because my poor booby can't handle an all day drink-a-thon. We don't know how long I can continue to nurse, but we are pushing for as long as possible. It's easier to do it now because Kevin has been home this week (going to work while Elliott is at school) and next week is my first solo run! eek! I know I just can't sit on the sofa all day nursing and so we may turn to pumping and supplementing.
I never realized how much breastfeeding would mean to me until I have been able to do it. It is so much easier than bottle feeding (ESPECIALLY at night! we just fall asleep together!). I am so frustrated at my inability to produce enough (and only being able to nurse from one side). I blame myself for getting the breast reduction, but at 19 I was NOT thinking about a family and kids, just my own insecurities. ugh. Either way, we have breastfed for a solid 2 weeks and if I can't keep up with the demand it's ok, at least Declan got some of the good stuff.
And yesterday Declan rolled over 3 times! CRAZY. Since the day he was born he has been able to hold his head up and now this! Really, he's gonna be walking by 4 months, just watch ;-)
I'm recovering well from the c-section. We didn't go to mass for Easter, which was really weird for us. But I couldn't with my incision and Declan is just too small for such large crowds. We may attempt to go this week since there won't be as many people and mass won't be as long either. My parents did take Elliott for us at their church in Houston and did our traditional blessing of the eggs. =) It's so weird having Declan here during Easter, and my entire pregnancy I wondered if he would be or if I would still be pregnant. But I always somehow knew the end of March would be it.
Well, I need to get a nap in, both boys are asleep! A very rare occasion!
No comments:
Post a Comment