So as I wrote that last post about Declan being such a great baby and not colicky, I get to eat my words. He had been fussy recently. Didn't matter with breast milk or formula. So we started the mad hunt for a formula he could tolerate (my milk supply is on the fast track to drying up).
Anyone in need of any formula because I've got several cans just opened and used a few times.
Well, I'm pretty sure it's colic. We went through this with Elliott (abiet much worse) and so I think I know it when I see it. I took him to the doctors today just to make sure there was not some underlying condition that I was missing that could be the cause of the crying[screaming]. Nope, healthy boy weighing in at 9lbs 4oz only being a month and 3 days old!!
So before we realized that this fussyness was going to catapult into colic (he's crying as I type this, and he's dry, fed and rested) I decided it was a good time to start potty training again. Hence the impeccable timing. Well, I can't stop it now because Elliott is on a roll and has not pottied on the floor since Monday. He even uses the potty himself and comes to tell me about it to get his M&M (YES, I use candy to bribe my son. It works). He even told me at the doctor's office he had to go and we made a mad dash to the bathroom!
Hopefully this go around it will stick with him and he does not revert back again!
Sorry it's short loves.... Screaming baby awaits Mommy. And our amazing friend's are watching Elliott for me right now so I can get some sleep(on Declan's approval of course).
1 comment:
1.) I always accept free formula.
2.) Does Declan get fussy during a specific time of day?
3.) How do you keep yourself from eating all of Elliott's M&Ms? That would be a serious problem for me.
Post a Comment