Aimee brought Grayson to the shower and I wish I had brought Declan because I started to go through baby withdrawals. Grayson is so adorable and such a good baby! Hopefully we can get to that point with Declan! Which we are still experiencing the colicky symptoms, just usually at night. They last anywhere from 2-5 hours. Nothing says love like in your face scream crying ;-)
He is still waking up every 2 hours during the night to feed and sometimes during the day he will go as long as 4 hours but that is very rare. During the Polish Festival Declan slept the entire time through all the loud, ear bursting music and Mama dancing around with him! I guess the boy likes chaos? Maybe THATS what we are doing wrong at night? Too quite!
Well, last week I saw this woman in church that had her baby in a sling. She was nursing her of course but I loved the concept of the sling. It was a 1 piece fabric and I decided to investigate. I read some reviews online and made sure that while in Houston this weekend that I MUST go try some of these on! I LOVE IT! We tried several on in the store (ops so sorry for opening all those packages) and my Mom and I laughed uncontrollably at first trying to get Declan in. I was laughing so hard that I couldn't even hold Declan. We then realized we were trying on an XS. HA.
With 2 kids this thing is amazing. Declan has been in it all day (aside from changing diapers) and he could not be happier. Neither could Elliott or I. It gives me both hands to be free for Elliott. Declan is happy because he is close to Mommy all the time and Elliott is getting more interaction from me! And with potty training this is a live saver! And the sling has 5 different positions (Declan can only do the cradle until he is at least 3 months old) and it is ment to withstand up to 35lbs. So I will give it a try with Elliott on my back and see how it goes! haha
Ok- so he was not happy at first because he was sleeping when I put him in here, but he obviously calmed down rather quickly!
(PS, I bought curtains today, so don't mind the ghettoness of our windows!)
On a side note, the potty training is going so smooth. We only went through 2 pull-ups this weekend. Even at the festival Elliott insisted on going to the potty. I really think all that effort we put into him during Thanksgiving and Christmas has paid off. He goes to the toilet all by himself and comes to tell me about it (and to get his M&M). The first 2 days of reintroducing it to Elliott were a little rough, but he caught on very quickly. He has yet to have an accident today. We were outside playing in the water hose and he stopped playing to tell me that we needed to go inside to potty!! I love this kid (as if I would love him any less had he not)! I have packed away all our diapers and going to use pull-ups for a little while until he gets this mastered! I am so proud of him
No comments:
Post a Comment