I wanted to post about the results of my shopping spree at Target for diapers! As I said in a post awhile back, Target had buy 2 Luvs diapers, get a $10 gift card! So I would use that $10 gift card towards another purchase of 2 packs of diapers... and so on! So here is what we got (my mom jumped in on it too).
A total of 16 boxes.
12- 108 count of size 3
and
4- 96 count of size 4
for a total of 1680 diapers!
The regular cost of the boxes are 17.99 ($287.84 for 16 boxes). Then Target had them on sale for $16.99 ($271.84 for 16 boxes). I also had a $1 off coupon for each box ($255.84 for 16 boxes.).
Everyone following me so far??
Well, with 16 boxes, that means I got $80 in gift cards (2 boxes per $10card).
So my grand total for all the boxes was 175.84. The original total (no sale, coupons or gift cards) was $287.84. That means, I saved a GRAND TOTAL of $112!
Of course, these prices do no include tax, but that is because I had to pay the tax no matter what, plus that would get waaaaay too complicated for me.
To take it a little further.... I paid $0.10 per diaper and at regular cost they are $0.17 per diap!! I got these almost at half cost. Now we usually go through about 6 diapers a day.... so that turns out to be about 280 days worth of diapers. =0)
Of course we still have our cloth diapers, but I still think it's too hot to be using them on Declan. So using the cloth mixed in with these, I think we are set for a full year!! See, SAHM's do work! It just pays differently =P
My stash:
These are just the ones that are in Declan's closet. There are 4 more boxes under his crib!
No comments:
Post a Comment