September 09, 2010

Sit Back and Enjoy the Ride!

I can't belive Summer is already gone (well, temperature wise not really). Everyone is back to school and things seem to be getting back to "normal."

It seems like there are always so many things I want to blog about but the demands on my time are very limiting! So I have some free time while Elliott is at school and Declan is napping! I'll try to cover as much as I can about this past Summer before I have to leave again to go to lunch with the hubs!

We got a memebership to the local children's museum and Elliott LOVES it. We have taken him twice already. There do lots of activities throughout the month so I am sure it's a place we will be hitting up more often.



We have also spend MANY a morning and afternoons playing in the water! I can't say it enough but I love how Elliott has a best friend right across the street! They love playing together and I think it's great that they have been able to form such a close bond with each other.


Now, I won't speculate about their future together, but they could always have each other as dates to prom ;) (assuming Jeff approves, and so does his shot gun). lol

Elliott has also been zipping around in the toy of the summer... which is his awesome car he got from the McGlones in Ireland!



Speaking of our family in Ireland, we are leaving on Thanksgiving Day to Ireland for about 2 weeks! We are so excited to be going!! It will have been 2 years for Kevin since he has been home, which is far too long. And if you don't mind saying a short prayer for us to make it there 1. Safe and 2. Sane. haha I think we will be fine. We have an entire row to ourselves on each of the 4 planes, so we don't have to worry about the stranger next to us haha. Just about everyone else around us! Elliott is OBSESSED with airplanes (just like his Uncle Greg!!) so I think for him it will just be a great adventure. I want to get a Vtec MobiGo for Elliott to use on the airplane. So if anyone has one they want to sell (or give) we will be more than willing to! I want something educational to entertain him on the plane. You can never count on what they are going to show on the plane, of if the screens are even going to work.

Elliott will get to see all his family again, which he adores!


My Daddio made Elliott a train table that I painted and decorated! He loves it! Our awesome neighbor Hollis gave us her son's old train tracks and Thomas trains that go with it! He is in LOVE with the train table. Which is great for me because it is something that can entertain Elliott while I take care of Declan or other things around the house.


We are also coming up on Declan's 6 month birthday! This boy is intense! It seems like all his personality traits are intensified (the GOOD and the BAD). He has to be in the know about what's going on in the house. If he can not see, you will hear about it. He wants so bad to be independant and mobile but can't quite figure it out. He can inch his way across the bed or the floor, but not actually crawling yet. He finally will let you sit down while holding him, but only if in a good mood. Otherwise you have to be standing and holding him outwards to see everything. He sleeps through the night the majority of the time. Usually about 10 to 11 hours.




He eats every 4 hours on the dot with about 8 to 10 ounces each feeding. Which means I have now upped the amount of spoon feedings he gets. I of course have been making his baby food again. I just can't justify buying such expensive baby food when I can make it healtheir and cheaper. I have also been stocking up on diapers. Target has an amazing deal on now. If you buy 2 boxes of Luvs, you get a $10 gift card. I then proceed to take said gift card and buy 2 more boxes of diapers. And so on and so on. With a Luvs coupon, a box of 108 diapers comes out to be $10!!! I feel like I am stealing from Target. Declan's closet and under his crib are filled with boxes. My mom has even jumped on the bandwagon and is loading up on diapers and gift cards. The promotion ends this Saturday, so you can bet I will be buying up some more diapers before then.
And of course I did buy a small package of those blue jean diapers Huggies were selling (I HAD A COUPON!!). I must say, they are so adorable!!! Declan finally fits into a size 3 diaper, so we tried it on yesterday.


How cute!

I'm gonna wrap this up with a few videos I took yesterday of Declan and Elliott! Enjoy.





No comments: