Well, this post is inspired by an episode of Oprah that aired yesterday, "The Secret Life of Moms."
http://www.oprah.com/dated/oprahshow/oprahshow-20090311-secret-lives-moms
Thanks to my old college roommate, Sara, I got to catch this show! Boy was it funny, sincere and oh-so-true. I thought it would be fun to start a post to dish my top 10 "Mom Secrets" so that way other moms can read my stories and relate. There is so much competition between moms that it seems silly to constantly judge each other for our parenting beliefs! Nothing we ever do is wrong in the best interest of our children!!! So here are my secrets, and I invite you to join =)
1. I pretend to still be sleeping at night when Elliott wakes up so Kevin has to go tend to him!
2. Elliott has thrown up in my mouth, and while it was incredibly gross then I LOVE telling that story!!
3. When I hear Elliott waking up in the morning, I roll over for another 20 minutes of sleep until he has absolutely had it and starts crying =)
4. Elliott has gone as long as a week without a bath.... and so have I.
5. I still find parenting difficult and wish I had a nanny so I can just LEAVE for a few hours.
6. Kevin and I argue about who is going to feed the baby... still... because we both don't want to do it =P
7. I use every single one of Elliott's clothes before I do laundry... and on laundry days he's usually running around in a diaper!
8. We don't brush Elliott's teeth twice a day most days... or every day... we're good with a few times a week ;) (even though we have already taken him to the dentist haha)
9. I stopped sanitizing Elliott's bottles/nipples when he was 3 months old... We were just too tired to care.
10. Elliott has fallen off the counter, been locked in the house alone, locked in the car twice, hit his head on the coffee table/fence/tile/fire place, fallen off the bed, rolled off of Kevin's chest, rolled off the sofa and I KNOW I am still a fantastic mother regardless!!!
What's your secret??
1 comment:
I watched part of that show, too! :)
Post a Comment