October 01, 2009

Well hello October!

YaY!! It's finally past summer and that means that the heat is gone for the most part (ok, at least the oven baking boiling heat that is).

Next week Elliott and I are heading out to Chicago to spend a week with the old college roomie Sara! She is expecting her second baby so we wanted to come see her and perhaps help her get some things ready! I am really excited about this trip and it was ridiculously cheap because I cashed in my miles (which I still have some left over!). YaY!

Elliott is in class right now so I thought I would do a quick update. He does great going to class and he starts to get excited about going now (no more crying)! I am thinking that once we get back from Chicago we may move to MWF classes because Daddy working late on MW are becoming increasingly more difficult for Mommy! We shall see.

Elliott never fails to impress me and he has by far exceeded any of my expectations of a toddler! Although we do pitch fits every now and then he seems to get himself under control fairly quickly. He is also learning words at an amazing pace! While I realize all mothers think their kid is "advanced" I truly believe Elliott is =0) With absolutely no bias of course! =P

He repeats every single word you say now! It's so cute. Every day he learns at least 5 new words and he retains them! It's not just that he can repeat the words but he knows the names to things I thought were way above him (such as Scarecrow!!). I can't wait to see what else Elliott shows us he can do! I'm sure by the time we get back from Chicago he will be flying the plane home for us. This will make Elliott's 9th airplane to fly on (not including when I was pregnant). It's only 2 and a half hours, so he is sitting in my lap! Did I mention how excited I was?? Well, EXTREMELY excited!!

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Yay for Elliott learning all those new words! :) I am impressed.

And by the way - he has traveled WAY more than I have. I'm jealous!