January 05, 2010

Busy Busy!

I'm a slacker blogger... but seeing as all my other blogger friends have been slacking it must be because of the time of year =0)

We have been so busy these past 2 weeks!! We got so much done over the holiday break! We had our Christmas dinner at our house this year (first time!!) and my parents stayed the night when we went to midnight mass. Then Christmas day night my mom and I headed to Houston for some shopping while Kevin and my Dad stayed back and painted the master bedroom and Elliott's new room.
I LOVE the colors of the new rooms. There are no pictures because they are not done and I don't wanna reveal how they look until I get them the way I want. While the boys were busy painting my Mom and I got an AMAZING deal at Ikea for all new furniture for the boys room!!!

The furniture that Elliott currently has is courtesy of my old bedroom in Houston from 1996, so he was due something that would last! We got an amazing deal on 2 6 drawer dressers, 2 4 drawer dressers, and 2 nightstands to match. All brand new, all for less that $300! Enough furniture for BOTH boys. The style of the 6 drawer dresser can be found below (black/brown color)

Kevin and I spent about a day and a half and got everything but 1 dresser put together. And that was simply because we ran out of room. We have a spare couch in Elliott's new room (which is being picked up Thursday by a friend's friend) and so we have to wait to put it together. We are also going to sell the old dresser of Elliott's on the garage sale that our neighborhood puts on every year, so that will free up more space!

Elliott and Declan's new bunk beds!!


In Elliott's old room we currently have our old queen bed, a new dresser, new nightstand, and the old 6 drawer dresser. WOW Not to mention as soon as we get Elliott's new bunk beds in the crib will move in there as well. Sounds kinda complicated but I am so excited! I finally feel like we are really having another baby! Things in the house are slowly starting to change around to accommodate for this new person and I am loving it.

The theme we are going with for the boys room is airplanes! Elliott is truing out to be just like his uncle (God help us all) and is totally in love with planes! Maybe one day he will be a pilot too!!


I am making curtains for his room from the flat sheet of the bed set, I have never understood flat sheets so I will just treat it as extra fabric. And I am also making another pillow case because the sheet set only came with one (even though the picture has 2). The bedroom color is like a grey blue and I also got these wall decals that are grey airplanes! How perfect is that going to match??? The decals were an impulse buy from Target, but I couldn't resist, I know Elliott is just going to LOVE them once they are up. We are waiting to do the final touches to the room until we get the sofa out and the bunk beds in, so again no pictures until this is done! =0)

Moving Elliott into the new room has also given me space to start organizing for Declan and all his little bits and pieces he's got. We are changing out the crib set for an Owl one with ABCs and 123s. At Target you can buy the bed set in separate pieces (as opposed to the entire set which is like $65). So I just got a new bumper and sheet. I will change up the room a little from Elliott's, but the colors remain the same. I just want Declan to make sure that he knows he is an individual and isn't just the leftovers. Silly maybe. I dunno. Just something I have stuck in my head.

Today I also had my check up with the doc... the last one before I enter the 3rd trimester. I even got my preregistration papers for the hospital!!!!! Strange how I find that so thrilling, it literally made my day. I must really be full of pregnancy hormones if registering for the hospital got me all excited. LOL I also signed up for the breastfeeding class! With Elliott I couldn't breastfeed because he was premature and my milk ducts weren't completely healed from the reduction. I am hoping that things have healed together and I am able to breastfeed Declan. Kevin and I have the class next Wednesday and then in February I meet with a lactation consultant to go over my breasts. lol Literally. And then again I see the midwife in March for a regular checkup but I am sure we will talk breastfeeding too (shes one of 2 midwives for my doctor that is internationally certified in breastfeeding).

Again uber excited about something most people find uncomfortable.

We are also preparing for a small birthday party for Elliott this year! We are serving chili with firtos and some corn bread (and maybe some veggies). Nothing too big because it's just a second birthday and we are saving up for his little brother that's coming this Spring. I am sure there is going to be an entire post dedicated to my amazement to Elliott's growth in the past 2 years and how emotional his birthday is, so I will leave that to another day.
As for now, it's getting late. I am sure there are a million other things I should post about but I am exhausted! I forgot how much being pregnant takes outta you!
And I gotta get Elliott ready for school tomorrow, he is now going 3 days a week! What a big boy. He loves it there, and since I am getting huge and Daddy is teaching on MW, I thought it would be helpful to have Elliott go to school on days Kevin is teaching. And of course when the baby comes I'll need SOME time to sleep =0)

Take care~! Stay warm these next few days!!

No comments: