Well, I'm not really sure where to start this but it has to start somewhere. Yesterday we received some crushing news for our little family. Kevin's classes were canceled due to lack of enrollment. This is absolutely devastating news because the amount he made teaching was the same amount I made working full time. So essentially we have gone from a 2 income household to 1.
The teaching at Blinn was the only financial reason I have been able to stay home. I am beyond asking why but more as to what now. We have heard on the news so much about how tough times are, and yes we made some cost cutting decisions to help pay the bills (like we don't have cable TV). But it didn't hit home until we lost almost half our income in one day.
So please keep us in your prayers that we have the strength to do what is necessary for our family and the courage to ask for help when we are in need of it. With our second child on the way we have a long road ahead. Elliott will finish out January at his school because it is already paid for, and we will just kinda take it from there. I already informed his teachers of our situation and so we pray that we don't have to take him out. He loves his classmates and teachers and being in that class has helped him develop so much, I just couldn't bear taking that away from him.
The hardest part was taking Kevin and myself out of Mike and Robin's wedding. There was no possible way we could afford to participate, especially with me being the one to host the bachlorette party. Elliott will still be a ring bearer for them.
And on that note, if anyone has a swing we can use/have we would really appreciate it. I had sold the one we used for Elliott on our garage sale ASSUMING when we had another baby I could just buy the one I really 'wanted'. Since what I want doesn't matter anymore, we are just in need of one. Everything else we kept, so this is really the only big ticket item we need.
Again, keep us in your thoughts and prayers that we may survive this and be strong for our kids. We have a lot of tough decisions to make and let's hope we can make the right ones with a clear head. I have been so distraught since yesterday that I haven't even had time to appreciate the fact that Elliott's birthday party is this weekend and our big boy will be 2! So I am sure we will have lots of pictures and videos to post!
Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21
2 comments:
I will be praying for you and your family!
Enjoy Elliott's Birthday party! Things will work out... if Grayson is done using the swing by the time Declan comes around, you are more than welcome to have it. I have already started a pile of clothes for you... just ask if there is something else you may need. We'll be praying for your family.
Post a Comment