January 22, 2010

730 Days!

So Elliott had his 2 year - 24 months - 104 weeks - 730 days - 17520 hour check up!

He's a big man with big stats!

Weight- 30.5lbs- 76th percentile
Height- 36in. (or 3ft)- 88th percentile
Head- 20.5in- 90th percentile (I believe that was the measurement, but the percentile is correct for sure!)

The doctor said that at 2 years old you can double their height and that is approximately what they are going to be when they are 18! So our son will be about 6ft at 18 but the doc said not to be surprised if Elliott is taller by another inch or 2!!

So our blonde hair, blue eyed tall boy seems to have no physical features from his Daddy LOL ;) No, I did not go to Scandinavia in May 2007! =P But he has every bit of him in his personality and facial features!

Not sure why, but it makes me so happy to know that we are going to have a tall boy. Maybe I associate height with confidence? Well, I hope he does turn out to be a confident man because he has so much going for him. He has overcome leaps and bounds during his first 2 years and to see him thriving so much makes me so happy. Not only have we managed to raise our son (lol sometimes I questioned our ability to not totally screw him up!) but we are raising him well! I'm not trying to sound like a parent who thinks they have all the answers (we by no means even think that) but we just do what we trust in our hearts and it seems to be working.

Elliott is thriving on life and is such a happy kid. It's not just me that thinks that. EVERY single person that has ever been around him, watched him or even just seem him at the store has commented on how happy he is. Even if I think he's having a "melt down" they usually only last a few minutes and he quickly overcomes them. We rarely have tantrums thrown in our house and almost every time there has been one it was because Elliott did not take a nap and he just needs to sleep. It's like he understands his emotions and gets them under control fairly quickly. And I do like to think that this is partly because of Kevin's and I parenting towards him. But I also realize that not all behavior is directly related to parenting (good or bad behavior) and it's just in their nature.

And I believe Elliott's nature is so caring and compassionate. He loves to cuddle with Mommy and Daddy in the mornings (he even says, CUDDLE MOMMY!!) <3 He is very thoughtful when it comes to his stuffed animals and likes to take care of them- ie feeding them breakfast and putting them down for a nap. He's not the typical rough and tough boy (even though he does enjoy things such as soccer(football)) but that's what I love about him! He LOVES to sit on the counter and watch Mommy cooking dinner and even tries to help (causing me much angst!). He is also very sweet to his friends and even though he is learning to stand his ground, he never hurts a friend (ok, ONE time he bit Lauren, but he learned his lesson not to do it again!).

His latest trick is when he bumps something (like an elbow or knee) he comes fake crying up to us asking for it to be kissed. And then when we kiss it he says "All better!" =0) He's learned to use the system! haha He's not my little bitty baby learning to crawl anymore. He goes and washes his own hands now and can even dry them without my help! (even though I still hover because that water can get hot!).

He even requests certain people to talk to on the phone (his play phone) and has conversations with them. He usually sings them Jingle Bells (which by the videos posted a few days ago you can see is a huge hit at our house right now, so is Elmo's Song, and Thomas and his Friends).

Well, I've got to finish up a few things around the house before I go pick Elliott up! I did want to blog some more about the laundry detergent and stuff I make (since it's a huge hit on my facebook) but another day! Household duties await!



No comments: