March 31, 2010

On a High!

Wow, so the past week has been so amazing. I can't believe we are here. Just last week we were preparing for the birth of Declan and now he has been here and it's so amazing! I just always thought that having 2 kids would be so overwhelming and the responsibility of it all would be really difficult. I couldn't have been more wrong. Either that or I just have really great kids that make this 'job' so wonderful!

Declan is breastfeeding great (the issues aren't him, it's more of my supply) and he eats at night and goes straight to sleep. So Kevin has been able to go to work all week, even with Declan and I in the room with him! Our entire family is so well rested and to top it all off, my mom has been here all week cooking, cleaning and helping take care of Elliott as well! It really has made this transition smooth for our family! I realize that we still have a long road ahead, but I am so excited about it!!

I didn't talk much about the birth in the previous post, but it was a c-section. My BP was high (170/105 I believe it was) and I was not dilating at all. I had prepped myself for this and I made peace with my body and consented (like I really had a choice). But a great surprise was my nurse turned out to be the same one who labored with me with Elliott! Magdalena! She's from Italy. We loved her and I was so happy she would be with me during the c-section. She remembered us and was even saying how much better I looked this time around and how it was better to do the c-section to prevent what happened last time. During the c-section she was even cracking jokes with us and making me feel really comfortable (I mean, I did throw up on the operating room table, so I needed a friendly face!). The medications they gave me made me really sick and I was just happy to get the procedure over with!

Kevin actually got to watch them pull Declan out of me this time! Which was so amazing. Everyone was ohhhing and ahhhing at how adorable he was! I was in shock with the amount of hair he had on his head =0) Shortly after the surgery they took Declan to the nursery and my parents got to see him on his way over there in the hallway! Then my parents got to sit and wait for me in the recovery room, while I got stitched back up. As soon as I got to the recovery room I asked to see Declan to nurse him. They brought him to me and we started on our little adventure!

There's not much to say about my time in the hospital other than the food was really good (seriously, it was). And I how we have such AMAZING people in our lives! It's so wonderful knowing that you have so many people that care just as much about your family as we do. You guys make life so much more fulfilling!

I was released from the hospital Saturday (after pleading with the doctor not to spend another night there, I just wanted to get home!). I was so happy to be home and to be able to have my family together!


This picture to me signifies how far we have come as a family. With Elliott I never got to take him home with me when I was released. So sitting here for this picture was very emotional for me. And even the ride home in the car I started to get misty eyed =0) Maybe a tear or 2. I finally felt whole riding in that car with my 2 children together. It's a feeling I will never let go of and I am so thankful for everything in my life that has brought this moment to me. Our family has truly been touched by God and He is so giving to us. We are forever in His debt for this wonderful family.

Elliott is such an amazing little boy! He can adjust to anything. He loves his baby brother and always tries to "play" with him. This morning he even laid down next to him while Declan was sleeping and just watched him. lol Then he puts his hand on his head and goes "Wake up Baby Brother! Wake up!" Melted my heart. We are very attentive to Elliott, trying to make sure he gets equal attention from us but he doesn't seem to mind us paying attention to his brother. This is a huge relief for us and hopefully this is a permanent thing (as well as Declan's amazing ability to just eat and sleep during the night).


Overall news from the McGlone house is positive and happy. There is so much love flowing from our family and we are all on a high! I couldn't have ever imagined things going this well, and even if they don't stay so 'easy' at least we have each other and our friends to help us out! I leave you with my all time favorite picture of Declan.


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all of your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths Prov 3:5 -6

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Your new bundle of joy is absolutely beautiful. I am so happy for you and your family! Congratulations and I am glad to hear that everything is going so well. :)

Aimee Scogin said...

He's beautiful! I came home from the hospital just giddy with Grayson... sounds like you did, too! So happy to hear that! Keep enjoying those moments!

The DuBransky's said...

I teared up reading this post! I am so happy for your growing family. God is so good.