Well, Elliott has been battling a diaper rash for a little while now. We had been using Luvs diapers but found a great deal on Huggies on Sam's Club. Well, he used to use Huggies so we thought he would be ok. I dunno... maybe it's a different kind that what we used to get him.
Because oh boy his little bum did not like them. I had been using them between Luvs because we had sooooooooooo many that I didn't want to waste them. Well this weekend was the all extreme rash.
I felt so bad I almost wanted to cry. I went around the entire house and picked up all Huggies that we have and wrapped them up to give to someone (any takers? lol). It was so bad that Elliott couldn't crawl with out screaming in pain. =(
So we laid blankets on the floor of his playroom, took off his diaper, washed him under water and let him go commando most of the day. I started to search the Internet of different solutions and if this could be a fungal infection (its not by the pictures I saw). Well, I saw to use preparation H for Hemorrhoids. I figured that kinda made sense... pain relief, anti inflammatory, overall good butt cream. So we searched the house and apparently we have some?!?! So slather it on!!
It worked! Poor boy has been fighting this rash for a long time. It's not totally better, but we saw a difference within the first 20 mins it was on. So I have been using the tube we had (???) to slather him up between regular rash cream and the stuff breastfeeding mothers use on themselves for cracks. The Pru-Lan (many different variates) is a great healing cream so since the rash is on its way to heal and has kinda chapped (like forming a scab) I've been using that. Which the combination seems to really be working for us! Sigh I hope it goes away... we leave in exactly a week!!!!!
Other news... The Maxima would not start today, so Kevin took my car to work. The thought of it not being able to be fixed is a stress factor we really don't need right now with our trip approaching. It is going to weigh on our minds the entire time we are gone, and simply put we can not afford a new(er) car. To those who weren't around during my high school years, I got this car junior year of HIGH SCHOOL, its a 1996 with almost 180k miles on it!! Yea, she's always been a dependable car, so breaking down is a big deal. sigh Guess we will just have to manage for the week with 1 car and deal with the Maxima next year in 2009.
2 comments:
I will always except diapers! :) Hope you guys have a great time on your trip! On one hand, it sounds like a blast... on the other hand, I am saying a tiny little prayer for you and your family! Good luck!!! :)
I have an Explorer you can buy!! Great family car.
832 651 #### you know the rest ;)
Post a Comment