December 22, 2008

Jet-lag at its Best

Well... much to our surprise Elliott has finally adjusted to the time change. He usually wakes up in the middle of the night, but that's because he wants to get into bed with us. Of course we let him and the happy McGlone family sleeps nice and warmly together till morning. Today Kevin's mom got Elliott up and fed him so Kevin and I could sleep in a little longer. haha long nights playing Mario Kart probably are not helping us adjust. Now that we finally have Elliott adjusted to the time change I am sure that Kevin and I are going to work on ourselves.

Kevin is totally not adjusted yet, and I am somewhat. I suppose the Ambien helps me =]

I have MAJOR news when it comes to Elliott... He took several steps the other day... YAY Unfortunately I did not bear witness to this, Kevin and his mother did. He took the steps all by himself to his Granny, my heart melted with happiness and jealousy. I really wanted to see it since I have been there for all of Elliott's 'firsts' but the one I miss was huge, walking. I did see him take steps by himself last night, which were so adorable. Quick steps haha He is absolutely loving all the attention he is getting from all his aunts at the moment, and we are loving the free time Kevin and I have together. It has already been a week since we have been here, and it makes me sad to think we only have more weeks. Hopefully we can come back during the summer.

I have posted some pictures on Facebook, but stupid me forgot my cord, so I have to use Colette's laptop whenever she's around to get pictures up. Not much new has been happening. Just tons of rain [go figure, its Ireland] and really cold weather. We saw the sun for the first time today, which was nice. I took Elliott out in it for a little bit. It's been nothing but bad weather since we got here. We can't wait for Christmas to get here, there are so many gifts under the tree that it looks like the room is about to burst at the seams. Hopefully we can manage to bring all that stuff back with us.

That's about it for now. Kevin is making fun of me for being on the computer so long today, so that probably means I need to go. Stay warm everyone back home.

No comments: