Well, although it's the start of the new year, it is also the end of our trip in Ireland. We have spent 3 awesome weeks here and it is absolutely tearing us up inside thinking we have to leave. This will be the worst flight back to Texas, regardless of how Elliott acts.
Nothing terribly exciting has been going on the past few days, just the usual. Freezing cold outside with some rain tossed in there for good measure. Not to mention everyone in the bloody house has been terribly sick the entire time we were here. The bug's most recent victim, Deirdre, spent all night throwing up. Had I known that my little boy would be the next in line this morning maybe I would have gone to sleep before 3am =/
Sigh, so between cleaning up Elliott's throw up and the rain there is not much else to report. I don't think Kevin and I are going to be able to do much for New Years, but at least we are doing nothing with his family.
OH a couple things did happen. Kevin got his Permanent Resident Card approved [aka green card for those that don't have to deal with USCIS]. When we got married [the first time for those who didn't know, we've been married twice and never divorced haha] he got a Conditional Permanent Resident Card.... he had to prove to the gov't that he really loved me and didn't just marry me for the card [who knew??} lol YaY so that's great news. Kevin's dad lit up with excitement when he heard... he looked me straight in the eyes [glowing and all] and said 'Now I can play my music in America.' Because of Kevin his father can now realize his dream, to play Irish music for us unappreciative Americans... I almost cried when I saw the gleam in his eyes.
Things have been very rough on us in 2008. Most of our struggles unknown to all, but Kevin and I have found a much deeper love for each other because of it. While we gave birth to our amazing son, for whom I live my life for everyday, we have suffered to much anguish and it's just not fair. I think I have only now learned what a true great man Kevin is and although he's not perfect [I mean seriously, what man is??], he has been sent to me by God to help me through life. I believe that with all my heart. I hope Kevin feels that way about me, watching me mature into motherhood. At times it was not always easy for me, and I still struggle with it today but I have a family now and that keeps me steadfast to do my best. Which is all anyone has to offer.
2009 is going to be a great way for us to start again, this time on the right foot. Our lives are taking shape in CS and our son will be turning a year old. I am so lucky to have him here and to be so healthy is pure work of the Lord. There is no other way to explain how Elliott has been able to overcome so much and even come out on top. Thank you to everyone that has always been there offering either words of advice, time or just to hang out. Sometimes all I needed was a phone call or a lunch with friends to re-energize me. It is really good to know we have people we can depend on. We hope everyone has a great new year... wither it's in bed with your new baby or out at a club with your best friends...
No comments:
Post a Comment