I had a check up this morning and things are still looking good. I've got plenty of test strips to check my urine from home for any protein. I also made my last appointment for April eeeek! I am so excited about everything going on with Declan! This weekend we set up Elliott's room and made the move from crib to big boy bed! Which means, the crib is no in the nursery awaiting Declan's arrival. I've got all the new sheets put in and we even raised the mattress for a newborn!! I dug out the mobile and it's hanging above the crib as well =0) The room is seriously ready for a baby at any time, although we are hoping that there won't be a need for that until at least the end of March!
I have been having extreme (which I'm sure most people would consider normal, but I never had them before, so to me they are extreme) Braxton Hicks!!! For those of the non pregnant variety, those are practice contractions for the real labor. And boy do they hurt! The first couple days I had no idea what they were, I seriously thought it was the baby or something. The doctor told me today that it's most likely so strong because of all the bending a lifting I have to do with Elliott (and the million toys in our house). She said to try to take it easy (ha) and not bend over as much and that should help. I've also started to get some really bad back pain (doesn't seem like contractions in my back, just a really tired back).
So please lots of prayers that there are no complications and if there are any that we are strong enough to get through them.
Here is a picture of Elliott's big boy bed for now. Once he is done taking his nap I will take pictures of the completed room.
He seems to have transitioned to his bed fine. No issues (other than the falling out, but we had to put the rail up, such a violent sleeper). I think after this weekend we are going to reinforce the potty training. He has had some set backs, especially with the past 3 weeks of that stomach virus. He still uses the potty no problem at school but at home he is determined NOT to go in the toilet. It came to a point where I had to put diapers back on him because he would refuse to pee on the toilet and as soon as you would take him off, he would pee on the floor. Where there's a will, there's a way. And there is no will here. He was wearing regular underwear for so long, and even going potty in stores. But alas, he is a boy. And they tend to be more stubborn about these things. I'll be happy if we are back in underwear by the Declan arrives. Of course if not then we will just have to deal! We don't have enough cloth diapers for both kiddos so we would just have to figure which kid it would be cheaper to buy for. But hopefully we don't have to buy disposables for either baby!
Well, since Elliott is sleeping I am going to join in on the nap time fun!
~~~~~~~Updated!!~~~~~~
Same pic as ealier:
And the rest of his bedroom. Notice the airplanes??? =0)
Baby's Nursery!
No comments:
Post a Comment