February 19, 2010

124/92

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH


yes those numbers are my blood pressure reading from last night! For those not familiar with BP readings I am meant to keep both numbers under either 140 (top) or 90 (bottom). If EITHER number goes above that is a very bad sign and qualifies me for preeclampsia =( I checked this morning and it was back down to 121/81.


I am really upset about this and in constant worry that something is going to go wrong. I know there is nothing I can really do to prevent this but I wish there was something I could do. I feel so helpless. The other night I woke up with lots of cramping and pain about 4am. I seriously thought I was going into preterm labor. I know the pain really wasn't gas but I don't think it was labor pains either. The most puzzling symptom was the nausea. I had to take the medication I used to take in the first few weeks to control it. I was awake for hours thinking that this pregnancy can't end like this and how I need to carry the baby to full term.

I have felt so great this entire pregnancy (ASIDE from the morning sickness!) and I really believed that everything was going to be ok. Now I am not so sure and I feel like an emotional beached whale on the verge of collapse. I have truly not prepared myself for the 'worst case scenario' (in my mind) and I need to. I have to be able to function for Elliott and recover quickly for the baby. sigh

I've been taking it easy at home and not really taking on too much and poor Kevin has taken on most of my cleaning responsibilities (as well as some cooking). My biggest fear will be bed rest. How on earth do you sit in bed all day with a toddler on the run? HA.

I have a check up on Tuesday so I'm asking for everyone to keep us in your prayers and that baby stays inside until after Spring Break!

No comments: