Just to show you how many clothes I have accumulated here are some pictures:
These are all his 3T clothes. Sweaters and jackets on the left, long sleeves in the middle, Christmas outfit for next year, and on the right all 20+ shirts for summer time. I didn't even take pictures of the jeans and pants because it would take me too long to put the back! And there are some sleepers in the back.
Long sleeves 3T
Short Sleeves 3t
This is my box of 4T and 5T. Most of these were given to us by several friends (and their aunts). I would say we have an entire wardrobe of 5T and almost an entire one of 4T. The 4Ts just need more summer shirts and shorts. For 5T I could use some more long sleeves.
Like I said, I am having issues here! In order to stop me from collecting anymore things I have started an inventory of what we have. We seriously have everything needed for this year and next year (3Ts), so there is no inventory necessary for that! Hopefully me putting this out there and seeing how much stuff we have I will realize that we really don't need any more. We have been very fortunate enough to receive all these things from so many friends and if I start to accumulate more things I will simply pick out what I think can survive 2 boys and donate the rest. Many of these clothes have also been picked up clearance shopping during the end of the season and I usually have never paid more than $3 per shirt (and this was at Osh Kosh B'Gosh, which is high quality). I've gotten things at Old Navy for .97!! How can I pass it up! (which is why I would get stuff in 4Ts because it was just so darn cheap!!!!).
I think with me sitting down and organizing everything into piles and tubs this will quench my thirst for more hoarding. I have not felt any urges to go look today, so this is positive =0) But how can you blame a pregnant woman!!?!??
Today I had lunch with my neighbor Hollis, always YUM! And she gave us her old double stroller! We are so thankful for that, it's a huge expense that we will not have to pay. And guess what? haha she gave me some 3T clothes! There are some shirts in there that are super cute! I'll go through my 'stash' and see which ones we are going to donate. Or perhaps sell on our neighborhood's garage sale! (Which is April 10th HAHA I'm so funny thinking I'm still going to participate in it).
One thing that I always felt I was slacking in was scrap booking for Elliott. I had always seen all these wonderful books made by other moms and how much fun their kids were going to have looking back at everything. I am not a creative person. And I had no idea where to even start! And so I was thrilled to see what Aunt Robin had made just for Elliott!!
A scrapbook!!
Those are all the pictures I took before my camera craped out on me. I am so excited because these pages are so cute and done in ways I couldn't even put together lol
And most of all I am so thankful that this was put together now while he is still young and we can remember everything we want in it. And before Declan comes, because Elliott is going to have to share the spotlight! It will be nice to have a few pages done with just Elliott, before becoming a big brother. Before he is no longer 'the baby' of the house! Everything always makes me so emotional these days. But a HUGE thanks to Robin for putting together this book, and I can't wait to have more added to this!
Well, I'm going to have to go get Elliott soon, so I will rest my feet for awhile. I'm still feeling overall really good through this pregnancy! I just have to force myself to take it easy and learn to let others help out. At this point we are so thankful that things are going well and pray that they stay that way. <3 Keep Declan and I in your thoughts and prayers these next 9 weeks! No babies before Spring Break is my new motto!
No comments:
Post a Comment