February 23, 2010

Snowmageddon 2010!








I would not be Texan if I did not make a huge fuss over the snow flakes we received at our house today! And this town wouldn't be in Texas if everything didn't shut down early (and open late!). We played in the snow this afternoon and Kevin and Elliott had a blast!

Kevin gets to go in for a late arrival to work tomorrow!! This is awesome because it will make the week fly in just that much faster. =0) I don't mind the snow and the cold weather but I just don't want it to hang around by the time baby Declan makes his appearance! We traded most of our warmer newborn stuff for some 'summertime' wear but it looks like winter is here to stay for awhile! lol Hopefully I will just bake little Declan in my tummy long enough for SOME warm weather to come around (I am by no means wishing it was summertime HOT here!).


On a side note... I am trying to see what ways we can cut back on clutter and also get money for things we aren't really going to use and I wanted to see what others thought. We have a double stroller, umbrella stroller, a 'stroller' that just carries a car seat (nothing else) and of course our travel system which is the car seat and matching stroller (tan with giraffes). I was thinking of selling the travel system and just buying a plain car seat for the baby. My reasoning is that whenever I travel with both boys, I will use the double stroller, when I travel with Declan alone I will use the car seat only stroller, and when I travel with just Elliott I will use the umbrella stroller. Yes, I would use the car seat in the travel system, but I don't need the matching stroller. I could sell both and use that money to buy the single car seat and perhaps have some left over.



Just for a carseat-


Our current travel system-



This is kinda a last minute thing, but seeing as we have so many strollers there is no point in keeping them all. Any Mommy's with multiple kids could you let me know what yall do/did.

1 comment:

Aimee Scogin said...

I'd sell the one just for a car seat... keep your travel system. Right now, I still use the stroller with the travel system for Grant and Grayson is always in the baby bjorn. When Gray gets older, we'll use the double stroller and I'll sell the travel system when he turns one. Most bang for your buck!