Elliott is doing what we call the "Spider Man Pose." Where he tries to stand, but cant figure out how to get his head up after getting his legs fully erected. So cute. Its kinda like downward facing dog for you yoga people. He is also pulling on this to try to get himself up. Not even close yet, but the fact that he knows that holding onto the coffee table can stablize him enough to stand is amazing.
Elliott really is a gift from God and I am amazed at how he progresses every day. I know I say that alot, but I truly am. Only a mother of a preemie could really understand.
I was read Brooke Sheilds' "Down Came the Rain" about her birth expierence and her Post Pardom Depression that followed. Its amazing how when everything goes so wrong it affects EVERY aspect of your life. I think all my pregnant friends (all like 10 of them haha!!) should read this book before they have their baby. I think it could help prepare you for the worst, which is something everyone should do. I never listened in my birthing class about the c-sections and all the possibilities of what could go wrong. Because it wasent going to happen to me. I was going to have a "normal birth" and have my baby thrust upon me after hours of laboring. Never would I have imagine having my life in danger and them whisking me off to slice me open and take out my son because my body was trying to get rid of him. Never did I think I would be leaving the hospital without my son, my life and have to go back to the hospital every 3 hours to feed him. I think this book helped provide some closure for me. I never really "got over" my birth. This book is more than profound, its brutely honest, so human. I cried.
It takes a strong woman to admit to so much and to put herself out there. Tom Cruise should feel like shit for criticizing her like he did. I have so much more respect for Brooke than ever before, I wish someone would have told me to read this book while I was pregnant. Maybe others wont get as much out of it as I did, I don't know, but you should give it a try.
Well, I didn't mean to write that much or get that deep about myself (maybe I did maybe I didnt) but on a lighter note I've got some videos and pictures to post! Enjoy!!
Here are some videos of Elliott playing in the bathtub with the shower head. He's had a sore bum so we have been washing him everytime he poops (which can be as much as 6times since his teeth are coming in!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment