Kevin and I had a productive weekend!! I went to Houston... with no men!! Kevin stayed at home with Elliott. Talk about weird for me. I have not been without both my men since before Elliott was born!! Kevin got lots of stuff around the house done, while I attended Holly's wedding shower and pedicures (and the much needed eyebrow wax!)!! Not to mention seeing The Women!! It was a great weekend being able to hang out with "the girls," something I desperately needed!!
My dad drove up Sunday with his truck filled with all sorts of plants I got at Houston Garden Center (all 70% off!!!! OMG trees for like $7 people!). My dad also installed a new fan in the living room that I got at Lowe's (50% off). He's such a handy man!!
Then this evening when it was cooler the McGlone Family planted their first tree!! YaY it was the Mimosa for the front yard to match my tropical theme!! YaY so American but I love it. It was a nice moment... aside from my SMELLY compost that has been rotting in our backyard for months now! At least we are using it! Not to mention it is more eco-friendly to compost anything perishable (no meats) to use as a natural fertilizer.
There is still soooo much more we have to do for the front yard but I am excited about it all!! I am so happy making this house a home for my family =) It has a touch of us in it now... not the crappy people that didn't care about the house before us.
Elliott is growing like a weed! My mom bought him a walker (one he stands behind and pushes, not sits in) since he is already trying to walk! Hopefully this will help him along! I changed the walker to the buggy position (its a grow and go) and sat him on top of it. Pictures below!! He LOVES it. He is still saying dada all day long with a few high pitched 'girly' noises as Kevin likes to call them. It's so freaking cute. He understands "No" completely and will come to me when I call his name. ohhh I cant wait to post when he is actually walking!!
My phone completely died friday so saturday, among the 100 things I had to do, my dad and I renewed our contract and got upgraded phones!! For some reason it ended up that I'm on a family plan with my dad and Kevin is with my mom hahaha NO idea why, I guess it happened years ago and it just never changed.
Kevin is grading his students first tests... and well... I guess some of them just don't take the tests seriously. I mean... a couple grades were in the TEENS!! yea... even an 11. And that would be out of a 100. One person did get a 99, so there is hope for our future!!
Well... there are a couple pictures... the one in front of our house, if you look close you can see theres tons of plants in buckets and half of the old ones are ripped out. I think we are going to move them to the back yard. We also got a Weeping Willow for the backyard!!! Our house is going to be so beautiful =)

No comments:
Post a Comment