But can you really blame me?? I'm at work at home mom whose husband has 2 jobs and working on another masters... talk about busy lives. Not to mention everyone in our house has issues sleeping (I suppose the red bulls and cokes dont help huh?). haha
Elliott is so masterful!! September seems to be the golden month for him!! He crawls SOO fast. I clean the floors pretty often so he has the entire house to roam. My mom just says to put him in the playpen, but I feel like hes like one of those animals at the zoo. I want him to be adventurous and explore his world. He isn't being bad in my mind, he is learning.
While he may have lived in this house most of his life, he has never been able to explore it in such a way, and I want to encourage that.
So I think because I give him so much freedom to explore his life, he is developing faster (haha or maybe I am just a mom thinking my son is "special"). He crawls super fast now, and hes pulling up on stuff!! He was pushing his bumbo like chair around while standing (aka WALKING!!). I am so proud of my 20 some odd pound little man!! He is growing up right before my eyes. I just wanna eat him up!!! (except when hes crying, like right now, as usual).
This is definitely my most favorite time with him, he is so interactive and has really become attached to me. Maybe I just needed some sort of validation as a mother, that I am doing something right. And when he wants me and only me and comes to me when I call his name. Or the look on his face when he sees ME walk in the room, it makes me feel like I am really doing something right and maybe just maybe I wont mess him up. lol weird I kno, but I think that's normal? I dunno
All I kno is that I love my son and he loves me (and his daddy!!). Maybe these crying spells are just his way of saying that he wants me to be with him all the time ~ maybe a little too much validation?? hahaha be careful of what you wish for.
Kevin and I really wanted a night out (like out out) but with hurricane Ike heading this way we had to change our plans. It just sucks because all the previous times someone watched him for us we had so many projects going on that we never really rested. Maybe saw a movie, but then passed out from exhaustion.
While we are in the middle of redoing our landscaping, I had made a point of not doing any work at the weekend, just fun stuff planned. That's the one thing I dont like about having such a small family in America. We don't get much help on a regular basis, so we jump at the chance when anyone offers, but it still gets challenging. Especially with so much going on right now. Good ole middle America struggling against the man.
But thats also the amazing thing about being a parent, is that you find this engery inside of you that you never knew exsisted. I dont know how much older parents do it, maybe they are just rich enough to hire nannys?
Well, like i said ealier, we are redoing our landscaping ~ but first we had to get rid of that WEED they call an Oleander. Here are some pics of whats been so far. Lots of plans to come!! I'm buyin all the new trees tomorrow if the weather holds up in houston and they dont evacuate.
No comments:
Post a Comment