September 15, 2008

So cool outside!!

YaY! Now, I realize that Hurricane Ike is responsible for this cool weather, but I really hope it sticks around for the fall!! Elliott and I were out jogging this morning, and I got a headache from the cool air! I loved it. I even had to wrap Elliott up in a blanket.

Us leaving for Ireland for Christmas is only 13 weeks away!! It's funny because now I relate weeks to how far I was in my pregnancy, and 13 weeks in I still didn't know it was a boy!! So I know that time will fly in.

Hurricane Ike managed to give Kevin a day off from work =) Which is always exciting for me. We never lost power in College Station, but my parents didn't have power for 3 days. They just got it turned on. Their neighborhood in Houston got beat up pretty bad. Some trees in houses and cars turned over. Couple windows blown out, but overall they were lucky. My parents neighbor is missing tho, he has (or had, not sure) a beach house in Galveston and he went down there to board it up. He never returned and we are starting to get a bit worried. It was a nice beach house too!! Good memories =)

Elliott is very skillful at disappearing around the house. He is so fast now that your turn your back for one second and hes gone. haha I actually start calling his name like he is going to respond ;) He pulls himself up now all the time, and has tried to stand on his own, but just can't quite do it yet. I think within a month he will be standing and attempting to walk! hehe already such high expecations!

Elliott's scream crying has gotten a LITTLE better. Some nights he doesn't scream as long as others. He will fall asleep in the living room in his play pen no problem. And I think it may be because we spend all day in the livingroom so he is very familar with it. We almost never go into his room unless its for a nap or bedtime. So I am going to try to spend a few hours in there a day playing with Elliott so the room isn't just where "mommy and daddy abandon me." Hopefully this will help.

Elliott has said his first word!!!!!!!!! Guess what it was??......... Dada (no, he's not even close to mama). Sigh, its cute tho.

I had some pictures and videos to post, but I can't find the camera anywhere, so maybe later today. The house was kinda a wreck since we were camped out in the living room during the hurricane (we were more worried about tornadoes). Sigh, guess we gotta keep all our hurricane rations till the end of november! lol

stay cool everyone

No comments: