September 05, 2008

Scream Crying

Is Elliott's latest obsession. We have replaced naps with uncontrollable crying and screaming! Fantastic isn't it?? UGH

He used to go to sleep relatively easy, now it has become a NIGHTMARE. Not sure if he is just experiencing separation anxiety or truly hates sleeping. We can only do so much to get him to sleep, but when he is staying up later than we are it's really becoming an issue.

I write this as I am exhausted by his latest screaming session, going on an hour now. I can rock him to sleep as many times as I want, but the instant I lay him down its like we haven't done anything.

As soon as I walk into the room he starts laughing. Great huh? Let's drive mom and dad crazy why don't ya?

So your advice? let him cry it out ~ ok I think hours of scream crying are more than anyone can handle. oh just hold him to sleep every night. ok sure if he would stay asleep once we left. not to mention that's a bad habit. oh another idea? let him sleep with you? oh ok so then no sleep for anyone as we have a small queen and we all don't fit sure.
Oh but a routine works. THE HELL IT DOES. oh run out of options? Yea we have too thanks.

He's still screaming by the way.

No tears, not even a real cry. How have things gotten so out of control? I have been VERY adamant about him being able to soothe himself and putting him to sleep on his own. Up until recently he has done well. The only thing that had changed was when we went to Houston my mom would go in there every time. Guess all my months of work gone?

any advice other than sleepin pills for me and the hubby (maybe baby to? haha only kidding)?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 30 MINUTES LATER~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
so hes still scream crying. So i decided to go in there with our video camera.

1 comment:

Life and Times of Zachary and family said...

hey, I am Aimees friend..I have an almost 2 year old who experienced the same thing with my son....scream crying can lead mommy to tears...know what we found worked? Try putting a shirt you have worn all day in the crib with him...your smells there, and its calming..also Zachary loved having the door left open!!! hugs! just had to pass on my learned things!