September 10, 2008

Hurricane Ike

oh thanks for all the bother! So everything we planned to do this weekend has been thrown out the window, instead I am spending my time fighting with people for water at Kroger. Seriously they were stealing water outta other peoples carts. OMG

This hurricane is actually starting to make me anxious. I dont mind the rain, but the winds and everything else. I have so much invested in my life right now that everything makes me nervous. We have our baby and house and cars, I couldnt bare to lose any of it.

Its been such a tough year that I dont think I could handle a family disaster. I am really worried about tornadoes as well, its seems one hit our house we live in now a few years ago and ripped up the fences. Makes me very nervous.

As I was out in Kroger I bought some hurricane rations. Here they are:
Marshmellows!
Brownies
Water
Baby food (in case we lose power I needed to get ready made kind~only organic!!)
24 pack Diet Coke
Gatorade
and chicken nuggets

Needless to say Kevin said I have to go back tomorrow and get real food! haha see what happens when people are tearing up the grocery store?? HAHAHA

I hope A&M closes friday so kevin can help me prepare the house for the hurricane. We need to move everything outside in, get food, clean up the spare room for my parents, and be anxious all weekend until the storm is gone. haha such a great weekend huh? sigh

I really wanted to do wedding stuff with Holly and have Elliott go to his first Bearkats game with Mike and Robin. I think he would love it!! Hopefully sometime soon!

Valarie came and spent the day with Elliott and I!! We had Soooo much fun catching up!! Such good times it almost seems like a dream now. Those times were so many years ago and its amazing seeing where we have all ended up. Always great to catch up!!

Work has been going good. I have only worked a few times as our vonage went out and I had no access to a phone. Fixed now, so I am working a couple hours tomorrow. The pay is really great, and they are always giving away bonuses for more hours you work. The second call I ever got was a really pissed off man. Ahh I was so scared!! I had to call my supervisor to see what to do. They helped me through it and at hte end the guy said I was the most helpful person he spoke to all day!! YaY go me!

Well, thats enough of my ramblins. Just wanted to post about Hurricane Ike and the rediclious people at the store. Stay safe everyone!!!

No comments: