March 14, 2010

All Ready!

This weekend I've had the sudden urge to cook a ton of meals and freeze them before the baby comes! So Friday night we went grocery shopping and got enough food for about 12 meals and only spent $105!! I got some freezer friendly recipes online and organized a huge shopping list to make sure I got everything.

The cooking went great and it took me about 4 hours to get everything done. Most of it was just prep work, like getting all the chicken cooked and such. Then I just put together all the various casseroles and dishes in disposable pans and stuck them in the deep freeze.

I have also been very needy in the sense that I want to spend as much time with my 2 boys as possible before the baby comes. I just feel this is the last time we will ever be a family of 3 and I am sorta going to miss that. Not that this baby is going to 'mess us up' but just this is the end of a beginning for me. I'm used to life as a mother of one child and now I have to relearn everything I know about taking care of a kid because there are kidS now.

This is all obviously because I am in uncharted territory being 36 weeks pregnant and have never reaching this point. I literally think I am on the brink of labor at any moment lol Although, I did know that Elliott was going to be born in January (just not THAT soon) and I have a feeling this one is an end of March/early April kinda baby. I would really be ok with just 2 more weeks of this =0) I still LoVe being pregnant and I know I will be sad once I'm not but physically it is becoming a challenge just to function on a daily basis. As ANY pregnant woman knows, I just can't get comfortable. I'm up and about all day and my body has to accommodate for my new center of gravity and then when I lay down to 'relax' everything is out of whack yet again because of my size. =0) Oh the joys! But I tell myself, I've got a healthy bun in the oven and he is more than welcome to everything I've got. Just as long as he plans to make his appearance soon ;-)

Well, I am sure I will get to posting pictures sometime today. We are going off to have another fun filled day together. We forgot our camera yesterday while on our adventures as a family of 3.

No comments: