So, I am living it up on our sofa/bed! It seems to help because my BP has stayed pretty stable and the swelling has gone down quite a bit (really noticeable today!). I don't think we will be having a baby this week, if we can keep me in bed and relaxed! Thankfully today is my last day on bedrest with Elliott alone. Tomorrow and Friday Kevin has off for Spring Break. My parents are coming up Saturday so my Mom can help out with some chores around the house (I'm not allowed to be up cleaning and such) and my Dad is going to fix this leak under the sink. Then they are taking Elliott to Houston for 2 days. I believe my Mom is going to bring him back Monday night.
Then Tuesday I can take Elliott to school (they are closed all this week for Spring Break). That leaves me with only taking care of Elliott next Wednesday as well, which I have a doctors appointment anyways. Perhaps Kevin can take a half day. Then Thursday Elliott goes to school again, and this nearly puts me at 38 weeks. Hopefully my body will start to prepare for birth and dilate/efface so I do not have to endure another c-section.
I'm going in tomorrow to the doctors office just for them to check my BP on their machines and test my urine for protein. The dipstick seems to be a little darker to me (I have some that I test at home with) but it could jut be me thinking it's darker because I'm worried.
Last night we went up to the hospital for a sibling tour! Elliott got to walk around the maternity ward and the nursery to see where I will be sometime soon! They even let him push the buttons on the beds =0) We also saw some of the NICU nurses that took care of Elliott, which was really comforting to see them still there! We also got to see the new postpartum rooms that were recently built at the hospital. Fancy stuff! The bathroom is larger than the one in my house! The tour was only about an hour and we also watched a video for the kiddos, learning about being a new sibling. While Elliott was still a bit young, I think it will be comforting to him to have already been there when he comes to visit me. He also got to hold a "baby brother" and feed him a bottle! He loved it! haha He didn't want me to take the bottle away from him. I think he's gonna be a great big brother!
Elliott is also very opinionated these days! He needs everything and everything is his. He also refuses to do certain things for the simple fact that he does not want to! He also uses his imagination to play! Which I think this is the most fun thing. He finds shapes and objects in his foods and he uses everyday things as toys and airplanes! He has also started to use feelings! (like Oh No Panda sad, Panda cry)!! I can't believe he is only 2! lol as I am sitting here typing this (laying on the sofa) I have a helicopter, bus and dump truck on top of me. My body is now Elliott's race track! How sweet =0)
Well, I assure all you with this extra time I have sitting here all day I will be blogging much more. Not sure how many will have pictures as my camera is always on the run and I can't spend much time up and about looking for it! Wish us well that things continue to go as 'well' as they have been! I always said no baby until after Spring Break! (and not until Mommy is dilating!!).
No comments:
Post a Comment