March 15, 2010

The 'B' Word...

Well, I had my check up today and things are starting to get sticky. I was put on bedrest because of my blood pressure. The only things I am meant to do now is get up feed myself and my child, change a diaper or 2, and lay back down. sigh. This is going to be extremely difficult.

I have to test my blood pressure twice a day, morning and afternoon. If they do not get better by Thursday I have to go in to see the doctor. She told me that if we have to deliver because of my BP that she won't be able to induce this time because 1. my cervix is not dilated or effaced and 2. my previous history of a c-section and failed induction. We would have to have a c-section =(

I was devastated. This just makes it all the more real that I have to stay off my feet as much as humanly possible. She wants me to try to keep my BP down for at least 2 more weeks. She said that if I go into labor naturally and my BP is decent then we can attempt a VBAC. So a lot hinges on this next week and how I do. She also suggested that I get someone to watch Elliott for me during the day or someone that could come help. hmmmm Don't think that's possible but maybe I can figure something out.

I am so thankful that we have made it this far and even if it comes down to preeclampsia again and another c-section, we are more or less full term. Please keep us in your prayers and lets keep Declan in there until HE decides he's ready!

No comments: