March 19, 2010

Keep Chuggin

So I am essentially on complete bed rest now. My BP readings are still high but the only thing keeping them somewhat stable in my butt laying in bed all day. I went in on Wednesday and today to get checked out. I had gained 2lbs on Wednesday (from Monday) due to water retention and my BP was the highest this pregnancy. So Thursday I stayed in bed all day and only got up to get myself a glass of OJ and potty. I did sit outside for about 5 minutes but I started to get lightheaded and laid down. When I went in today my BP was about the same and I had lost a pound! YaY so laying down all day yesterday helped me get rid some of the extra water.

It's so hard to just lay here all day and do nothing. I feel guilty as if I am being lazy because I don't actually feel sick. It's not like I'm throwing up or anything and I can't really tell when my BP is up. My parents are coming up tomorrow to help out and then taking Elliott to Houston. Hopefully nothing significant happens over the weekend. I am under strict orders to go straight to labor and delivery if I get any headaches, spots in my vision or severe swelling. The midwife told me to call her Monday and I am sure that she will want me to come in to get looked at anyways. I'm not scheduled for another appointment until Wendsday but they are keeping a really close watch on me.

Everyone is telling me to relax and enjoy the rest while I can, but that's like telling a person terrified of flying not to get stressed on an airplane. Given my history of labor you could only imagine my fears for this baby. And of course I'm worried that my BP may be affecting his growth. His fetal movements have drastically slowed down (and yes, I realize that to a certain extent that will happen this far along in pregnancy). But we got the baby checked out with the docs office and did a fetal kick count, which was 14. They want at least 10 in an hour so they believe he is fine. So much to stress about. I'm also trying to put myself naturally into labor.... which is proving to be difficult since I am not allowed up and walking. If I start walking to dilate and then it just makes my BP go up, then it totally defeats the purpose of me trying to go into labor naturally. I'd just end up having a c-section. sooooooooooooo Lot's of Primrose Oil and hubby time =) as well as some herbal teas.

I am allowed to be sitting up (which is what i am doing now) but not for extended periods of time. So I am also trying sitting in a warm bath every day. Anything to dilate! I still have not lost my plug (sorry if that's TMI, deal with it) so I'm pretty sure I am not progressing. Appleton said she wouldn't check me this appointment but I may ask her to do so anyways. I'd really like to know where we stand in regards to our options if we are forced to deliver due to my BP.

Well... those are the happenings for now. Elliott is napping and Kevin is doing some tennis with Tracy before he wakes up. Kevin has been pulling double duty of Mommy and Daddy so I'm sure he appreciates the time to himself. When my parents are watching Elliott it will also give us some time to just hang out and spend some quite time before things get crazy! (unless of course Declan has other plans and wishes to make his grand entrance naturally any time now!).

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers that we make it through this next week with relatively little drama =0)

No comments: